D tracker Super Moto Wheels......

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Default RE: D tracker Super Moto Wheels......

ORIGINAL: dr_claw

Hi all.

This is my first post so i thought i would say something that i have not seen yet. I have already done most the mods that ya'll have done, (ims tank, 13 tooth, supertrapp, etc) and I am running out of stuff to do.

Has anyone asked about buying, or importing D tracker wheels from Japan? I asked my local dealer and he was like, "What is a D tracker"

thanks

so for those of you that don't know....

http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/d-tracker/
I asked my dealer the same thing. The answer is no. The guy at the dealer I talked to wanted to get some body parts for his bike that they sell in Japan but not here in the states. Kawasaki told him they will not order parts for Japan/Europe only bikes (or complete bikes either). At the same time, the Japanese cannot order bikes and/or parts for US only bikes either.

The only way around it is to go to Japan and buy what you want and ship it here (like gouref is going to do) or, if you are in the military, see if you can still order this stuff throught the BX/PX. I only know of this method because this is how I got my bike when I was living on Okinawa, Japan. I also found out from some of the guys I used to race with back then, that this was how they, and most of the GI's got their bikes. They could have bought them off-base from the locals, but, they could get them cheaper thru the BX/PX. The only difference was, it arrived at your front door in a crate, and you had to put it together.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 PM

New to forum but caught this topic as I've choosen to go down this road. Actually bought my rims from Jeff at EastCoast a couple of months ago when the first 250S showed up at the dealer. Chose to lace my own using the stock hubs to save money. Went with Avon Distanza rubber.

A few of you have asked about the D Tracker parts??? Being I own a few Grey Market street bikes I do have a source. Being he's tied in with TSR (Honda) I had to add 10% to my order? So far we've added, myself and my 14 yr old boy, black/ebony side panels and fork protectors, black Cycra hand guards and an SM front fender. Covered the front plate with black vynal. Pipe is on order.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:30 PM

Niiice,

Wanna trade bikes?

Old 05-25-2006, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nedragr

New to forum but caught this topic as I've choosen to go down this road. Actually bought my rims from Jeff at EastCoast a couple of months ago when the first 250S showed up at the dealer. Chose to lace my own using the stock hubs to save money. Went with Avon Distanza rubber.

A few of you have asked about the D Tracker parts??? Being I own a few Grey Market street bikes I do have a source. Being he's tied in with TSR (Honda) I had to add 10% to my order? So far we've added, myself and my 14 yr old boy, black/ebony side panels and fork protectors, black Cycra hand guards and an SM front fender. Covered the front plate with black vynal. Pipe is on order.

Hey dedragr what did you use to cover or paint the side pannels of the bike... it looks good....

Old 05-25-2006, 03:48 AM

Actually D Tracker plastic sourced out of Japan by Toru. Doesn't come with the heat insulation, must be ordered here (US) or from there.
36001-0001-6C ebony/black right side panel 5,922
36001-0002-6C ebony/black left side panel 5,922

Old 05-25-2006, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member

do you have a link that I can order that from???

Old 05-25-2006, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

this thread is turning out just as i had hoped!

KEEP POSTING!

Old 05-25-2006, 06:01 AM

ORIGINAL: nedragr

Actually D Tracker plastic sourced out of Japan by Toru. Doesn't come with the heat insulation, must be ordered here (US) or from there.
36001-0001-6C ebony/black right side panel 5,922
36001-0002-6C ebony/black left side panel 5,922

yes, please, is there a website or phone number that we can order this from?

Thanks

Old 05-25-2006, 12:35 PM

Please go to this site and determine what parts you would like??
Kawasaki Japan

I'll contact Toru to see if he's willing to help a few???

Old 05-25-2006, 07:28 PM

HOLY CRAP!! I almost fell out when I saw the price of those wheel/tire sets!!!

nedragr - sweet bike. I really like to 'blacked-out' treatment. Nice job.

Quick Reply: D tracker Super Moto Wheels......