Crushed turn signal :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Crushed turn signal :(

Just wanted to let you guys see what happens when ya stop your bikes in the wrong spot....
I was doin an all day ride yesterday with a buncha quads and one other bike... going down a steep heavily wooded mountainside my buddy on the bike was droppin his every 20 feet or so due to how off camber and rough the trail was... i was behind him. Eventually after he dropped his bike for the 4th or 5th time i stopped to help him pick it up as he looked like he was startin to get beat up. Well the place i stopped was off camber with the drop to the left of the bike... as i went to put my foot down i realized that the drop was so steep there was nothing to put my foot on... that commenced the slow lay down of my bike to the left finishing with a loud crunch of my turn signal landing on a large rock. Once i realized what had happened i yelled to my buddy, "you owe me a f&*king turn signal" followed by some laughin by both of us.

So looks like ill be buying a new assembly this week for it.......

all in all we had a great time... its just ironic that the only damage i had was caused by such a stupid scenario and not a wipeout [8D]

Old 08-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Crushed turn signal :(

Wow at first glance it looked like some of the radiator shroud was broke, but it was the turn signal blocking it. Hmmm I have 4 brand new turn signals in my box of stuff that came of the bike during the mods phase, it's too bad I want to keep them in case (probability high) my wife breaks her signals on her 2006 XT225. But you could always go with these and avoid the problem again, plus protect the levers at the same time.

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductGro...roupID=4002724

Name:  Mirrorsupsmall.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  122.0 KB

Old 08-31-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

i was talkin to my buddy who worked at a bike dealership at one time... discussin goin to a different type of turn signal now that i need to replace one of em (whats 3 more?[8D] ) anyways... he was telling me he was unsure if anything else would pass PA's bike inspection.. I'll prob stick with the stock type tho as they may not be pretty but there highly visible which id rather as we can only ride bikes in this climate 4 months or so out of the year and people in cars have a hard enough time seein us as it is. (plus the stockers are only $50 for the complete assembly so as long as i wasnt breakin em often its no biggy to get a new one.)

Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Wow at first glance it looked like some of the radiator shroud was broke, but it was the turn signal blocking it. Hmmm I have 4 brand new turn signals in my box of stuff that came of the bike during the mods phase, it's too bad I want to keep them in case (probability high) my wife breaks her signals on her 2006 XT225. But you could always go with these and avoid the problem again, plus protect the levers at the same time.

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductGro...roupID=4002724

i swear you like bragging about those.... lol... ya know how many times you have posted that exact pic? ALOT!! lol.... so deej what happens when you smash your handguard off a tree? bye bye blinker.... i like them in the stock location in the front. everyone likes something different.

How cool would it be to get everyone from this forum together with all thier klx's? That would be sweet!

Old 08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
How cool would it be to get everyone from this forum together with all thier klx's? That would be sweet!
Rally time!!!

Old 08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Hell ya!!!!! from the other post i see most of us have something that can haul the klx.....

Old 08-31-2006, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes I have posted that picture a lot, sorry, I just like the look. Was that $50.00 for all 4 or just one. if its just one, then that almost pays for the hand guards with the built in turns if it's for all 4 then that's not bad, probably the way to go. And since I seem to post the same pictures a lot here is another one with the Acerbis hand guards on the wife's new bike.

Name:  100_5372.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  134.0 KB

I just googled KLX 250 Dual Sport, and I have the # 3 spot under images. LOL[8D]

Old 08-31-2006, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

DOH!!! Now I have the #1 spot

Old 08-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

there we go deej... pics of women and bikes.... thats alot better than just the same old acerbis handguard pic..... now just if the woman had less articles of clothes on...... hehe... j/k no disrespect

Old 08-31-2006, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

just pulled the old one off.. for any1 that finds themselves in my position. no worries, its about a 10 minute job if that [8D]

Quick Reply: Crushed turn signal :(