Cross Timber Trails

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Cross Timber Trails

Last Man Standing will be on the Dec8th this year. I've already asked off at work for it. You up for it Thunderchild?

Old 09-08-2007, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vurtle

Last Man Standing will be on the Dec8th this year. I've already asked off at work for it. You up for it Thunderchild?
What's that? Riding in the LSM or going riding at Red River?

Old 09-08-2007, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LearjetMinako

I have heard the Red River section is fun. Talked to another guy that has KLR650 thats been down there. Hey, if its free trail riding, me like's. I don't think I'll pay another $60 annual permit for the Cross Timbers Trails. Its just too brutal and body joint aching. I like good trails that are wide enough that I don't have toworry about hitting a tree.

Looks like you guys went trough deeper mud than I did. And gotta love those 3 foot mud ruts. Thats how I got stuck at the bottom between two hills.
Red river is just $10 a day. Not free but close. There's all types of trails there. Some you'll be hitting trees, and others are a bit wider. Great mix of terrain types though. Way more trails than you can do in one day.

I didn't know that it cost $60 for a permit. Ouch. I guess that they don't have a day pass or anything like that?

Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thunderchild

ORIGINAL: LearjetMinako

I have heard the Red River section is fun. Talked to another guy that has KLR650 thats been down there. Hey, if its free trail riding, me like's. I don't think I'll pay another $60 annual permit for the Cross Timbers Trails. Its just too brutal and body joint aching. I like good trails that are wide enough that I don't have toworry about hitting a tree.

Looks like you guys went trough deeper mud than I did. And gotta love those 3 foot mud ruts. Thats how I got stuck at the bottom between two hills.
Red river is just $10 a day. Not free but close. There's all types of trails there. Some you'll be hitting trees, and others are a bit wider. Great mix of terrain types though. Way more trails than you can do in one day.

I didn't know that it cost $60 for a permit. Ouch. I guess that they don't have a day pass or anything like that?

They do offer a day pass of $10. But I figured I'll be riding on more than one days worth. I've already driven two days, so four more and I'll break even. Besides, I got until April 30th, 2008 before it expires. And I have yet to explore the Red Trail or the Moto track. I've just done the Blue, Green, and Grass track so far. The beginning of Green to the Grass track is the part I like. The rest of Green, I don't like. Luckily, there is a by-pass from the rest. And the Blue trail starts okay, but turns real mean towards the end.