Could use some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Did another 20 around home ,Still gun shy, Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and go for it .

Old 03-21-2017, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Took it out again and took it up to 68 and abruptly shut down the throttle . TO duplicate the same condition as last time ,Yep it did it again pulled over bike will start but soon as throttle is applied it dies ,,So I'm thinking it's got to be a vacuum issue ..Diaphragm or slide is stuck? anybody?

Old 03-21-2017, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

If your running the stock carb, I got one in the junk box, used. Stock unmodified. Sounds like you need to take it to a kawa dealer or put a diff carb on.
Maybe your putting it back together with something messed up? Sometimes things just get wrong.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
If your running the stock carb, I got one in the junk box, used. Stock unmodified. Sounds like you need to take it to a kawa dealer or put a diff carb on.
Maybe your putting it back together with something messed up? Sometimes things just get wrong.
I PMed ya about the carb.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

So thinking it's a slide problem I just pulled off the top of the carb lifted the diahapram up just a pinch and put it back and it runs took it for a short spin seems to be ok ... revved up to 10 grand a couple of times chopped the throttle it didn't die, weird

Old 03-22-2017, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Same thing has happened to me a few times while re-jetting, slide got stuck. Each time i just took the diahapram out and reseated it and then good to go.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RageHardIntoTheBendies
Same thing has happened to me a few times while re-jetting, slide got stuck. Each time i just took the diahapram out and reseated it and then good to go.
So It finally cleared up ? I've put 30 miles on it bike twice , ran fine then quit . I just don't trust it yet ..The real test will be getting up to 65 and chopping the throttle it's just a real pain to call wifey ,come get me load up the trailer......3 times now one good thing I'm pretty proficient at getting the carb out ..

Old 03-23-2017, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by donA
So It finally cleared up ? I've put 30 miles on it bike twice , ran fine then quit . I just don't trust it yet ..The real test will be getting up to 65 and chopping the throttle it's just a real pain to call wifey ,come get me load up the trailer......3 times now one good thing I'm pretty proficient at getting the carb out ..
In my case it's happened each time I've been into the carb to change jetting, within 5-10 miles. After resetting the slide it does not happen again.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RageHardIntoTheBendies
In my case it's happened each time I've been into the carb to change jetting, within 5-10 miles. After resetting the slide it does not happen again.
Well took it out again and tried to replicate the same scenario, Took it up to 65 abruptly closed the throttle it didn't die, Took it up to 70 same thing it didn't die I'm really hoping it 's fixed , I really find it hard to believe that it was operator error all three times I opened it up and checked it out I was very careful anyway hoping ..Thanks for the reply's

Old 03-25-2017, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I knew you could do it!

Quick Reply: Could use some advice