Could use some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cmott426
I ordered a jet kit for my Yamaha on a Friday, got the parts Monday.
I think I discovered your problem!

Seriously, go back to square one, figure out if it is getting gas.
If it is it probably is the slide, but what do I know?

Last edited by durielk; 03-10-2017 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Carb issue

Originally Posted by durielk
I think I discovered your problem!

Seriously, go back to square one, figure out if it is getting gas.
If it is it probably is the slide, but what do I know?
Hey durielk, Thanks for the reply Took it all apart again cleaned everything ,slide looks and feels good,very clean inside and all jets are clean. Button it up check fuel from tank good ,Open overflow fuel flow is Good .Check float height Good ,Check spark Good , won't start now . So Is there an electrical issue issue that I would be getting good spark but somehow won't let it fire ? I know just enough to get myself in trouble I misspoke last post . I thought the needle and seat were sold as a package ,seems like the seat doesn't come out .Anyway I'm dead in the water ..

Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Try a new or different plug, I have had new ones and old ones that look good, but never fire. It looks like you covered all the bases I know of. Maybe time to call in the experts, and don't put yamaha jets in your kawa! That is just crazy!

Old 03-11-2017, 04:24 AM

Did you get a new fuel tank and block the breather hose? Ride around with the fuel cap loose.

Last edited by togenshi; 03-11-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by togenshi
Did you get a new fuel tank and block the breather hose? Ride around with the fuel cap loose.
Funny you should ask I did just get a new IMS tank but I didn't install it yet wanted to get this issue worked out .Anyway I went back out tonight and took it apart again everything looked good buttoned it up and it starts! Take it for a ride it runs fine ,What the heck whatever I did I don't know , must have been operator error ,Long term I don't know yet it's done this several times now runs fine then just dies We'll see

Old 03-11-2017, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Have you got an electrical connector that has been upset in your working on the bike? Perhaps have the bike running and move some connectors around to see if it dies.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
Have you got an electrical connector that has been upset in your working on the bike? Perhaps have the bike running and move some connectors around to see if it dies.
That's a good idea ...I did a little of that yesterday everything under the seat got moved around checked all fuses etc ..I wont know till it does or doesn't do it again ...

Old 03-11-2017, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

donA, is your dash[milage and clock] going back to zero when you try to start it. KLXs have grounding problems at times. ???????eh.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by turnsleft
donA, is your dash[milage and clock] going back to zero when you try to start it. KLXs have grounding problems at times. ???????eh.
Thanks for the reply, No it's not

Old 03-13-2017, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
I went for a 20 mile ride yesterday close to home it ran fine time will tell..Just can't trust it yet

Last edited by donA; 03-13-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Could use some advice