Concealed Carry on this bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang
Those bullets are call frangibles. They are made out of powdered metal and either break into pieces or disintegrate into powder (depending on the design) when they hit something. They'll ruin someone's month, but they probably won't kill them.

They're made by SinterFire right here in Kersey, PA! It's the only powdered metal plant that has a rifle range out back. It said in the paper recently that they are working on a powdered metal bullet that will mushroom like a lead bullet - the whole point I guess is to be lead-free.
yea, frangibles..... thats them.... the show also talked about lead free rounds so as to not pollute the ground... and they are being worked into the military already. crazy.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Id buy it!

Originally Posted by ems_0525
damn i need a smaller handgun to carry...... My ruger p85 is a little big.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Tried out the Glock 26 this weekend. First time shooting...definitely a lot of fun. Not sure I like it but it may have been because I was probably holding it incorrectly.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
I'm not quite sure on the laws of carrying a weapon on yourself vs. in the vehicle.

Its a Firearm......A weapon is what you use when you are beating someone to a pulp....Firearm is what its called...AKA a pistol rifle and or shotgun...In its neutral presence..

AS for carry............

Cold season equalls..6"+ barrell under your gear.........Summer time equalls...3" barrell inside your shorts pocket......

I actually can pack but dont......Theres always another safe way to get out of harms way without risking or loosing your firearm.......

But if I feel the need to pack the heavyz...I do....

Pistols=
44spc
44mag
45lc
45/70
410 derringer
tech9
glock23-32 round clip

Better just to keepem at home and ride it like ya stole it..........

Rocco

Old 11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang
Those bullets are call frangibles. They are made out of powdered metal and either break into pieces or disintegrate into powder (depending on the design) when they hit something. They'll ruin someone's month, but they probably won't kill them.

They're made by SinterFire right here in Kersey, PA! It's the only powdered metal plant that has a rifle range out back. It said in the paper recently that they are working on a powdered metal bullet that will mushroom like a lead bullet - the whole point I guess is to be lead-free.
there are actually many brands of frangible bullets. some take peices of lead and press em togeather to form the bullet, hit something soft and they flatten and split off mostly like a regular bullet but the peices split off and create multiple wound tracks (increased bleeding) when they hit something hart they split up and lose energy faster to make them safe in urban areas. there are a couple different styles and only some police departments use them because they also aren't effective firing through glass etc (like a shoot out with a criminal inside a car)