Concealed Carry on this bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klxdude
go to gallery of guns, put in your zip code and have one shipped to a local dealer. I purchased my mil pro for 329.00 plus a 10.00 background fee. Shop around prices will vary by 20-30 dollars for the same gun. It just depends on how much cut the dealer takes. Ive purchased several pistols this way. Oh yeah the Heckler and Koch p-30 kicks butt too but more money or the kimber sis ultra is great too, but again more money.
Great site, thanks!

I've heard that 9mm is good because it is so widely used. You can go pick up a few boxes and use them in many different guns. I think it'd be pretty fun to one day own an SMG. I think a lot take 9mm. Would be nice to not have to buy specialty ammo.

A little off topic, but this article is where I gained some knowledge on using weapons for "personal defense" A long read but it's very well written, even for someone who's first language isn't English. It's written by a guy who lived through Argentina's economic collapse of 2001. It's not just theory, but real life tips from a guy who lived through it.

When The **** Hits the Fan
http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-b...1;t=044387;p=1

Old 10-18-2008, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

For those that carry while riding offroad, do you keep a round chambered and hammer down, or leave the round out of the chamber. I would almost be affraid to leave one chambered while off road, with my luck a stick or something would hit the trigger while I was crashing.

Texas might be an easy state to aquire a pistol, but PA you walk in and 15min later you walk out with it. I think the state feels bad since were so close to NY and NJ, LOL.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k1w=no$
For those that carry while riding offroad, do you keep a round chambered and hammer down, or leave the round out of the chamber. I would almost be affraid to leave one chambered while off road, with my luck a stick or something would hit the trigger while I was crashing.

Texas might be an easy state to aquire a pistol, but PA you walk in and 15min later you walk out with it. I think the state feels bad since were so close to NY and NJ, LOL.
I think it depends on the weapon. I believe all the Glocks have a round always in the chamber. Their safety system makes it near impossible for the round to fire unless the trigger is pulled. So I've read.

Yeah, it's a little different out there in Pennsyltucky.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

For off road I carry a S&W Airlite .38 with +P Hollowpoints in a fobus side holster. It sits high enough so my jacket covers it. Or I just have my shirt not tucked in and it is fully concealed. The holster covers the trigger plus no hammer to catch on anything and it weighs close to nothing. I have carried it through a few wipeouts and never has a problem. For all other times, I carry a .45ACP Para Ordnance Para Companion LDA. This is the only 1911 type 45 that I truley feel comfortable carring with a round chambered. It is a double action only so there is no hammer cocked to worry about. You need to try out the LDA (light double action). There is a smooth, soft pull on the trigger until you get to the point of where it will fire. You litteraly can shoot it like it's singe action. I also carry this in a fobus holster.

Name:  airlite.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  para.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  83.9 KB

Old 10-20-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k1w=no$

I conceal carry all of the time but never keep one in the chamber...It only takes 1sec to rack the slide and take off the saftey. Much safer that way.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
I like that. Think it looks better than the Glock, but that 5/7 is still gorgeous. I think I'll go down and get a background check this weekend.

Has anyone dealt with ordering a gun online and having it transferred to your local dealer? I'm pretty sure I can find better deals online for just about anything, but the whole process might be pointless if the dealer charges a lot of $$ to transfer to you.

I know we're all over the world here so answers will definitely vary. I'm in Texas, probably one of the easiest states to acquire a pistol in!
Either way, Glock or Five-seveN (I have both), you probably can't go wrong. Both are very well made, from the factory.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I now prefer the Five-seveN for home and personal defense, since the 9mm Glock may over penetrate, after going through my target and continue on to the next house. Also, it's a lot easier to shoot accurately, especially with rapid fire.

Do your research, try them out at a range if you can, if they rent them and go from there.

I've shot higher caliber pistols, without a problem, but, I found if you miss, the follow up speed and accuracy of a smaller, high velocity round has advantages.

The .45 guys will tell you that you only need to hit once, but, for the most part, the same can be said and has been proven with the Five-seveN round.

Some of the really lightweight, hammer-less revolvers are nice, as well. Less chance of a mis-fire.

It's mostly a personal preference, unless you are specifically hunting for a certain animal and it requires a minimum caliber round to legally hunt, or, be humane.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member

If I was in the USA and really felt it necessary to "tool up" on a ride would this be OK?

Can you carry a shotgun on your ride or do you think it would send out the wrong message?
A friend of mine took one while riding his bicycle around South America.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, there is an indoor range not far from me. They've got a wide range of handguns for rental, including an AR-15 in various calibers. Thanks everyone for all the input.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I took my bike to look at a vacant city property I might buy last week...

1st time....44 special 3/4" brl/hollow points...

2nd visit on bike.... .410 derringer with triple ot buck shot...

ROCCO

Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Must be a nice neighborhood

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry on this bike