clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default clutch question

I was wondering if anyone has ever installed a rekluse auto clutch on the klx250 I noticed they dont make one for our bike. So I was wondering if anyone had found a kit that worked on our bike thats listed for another bike.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I have no Idea,, What is an rekluse auto clutch?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member

It's kind of like the clutches on the old mini trails (and I guess the new ones too). It is a centrifugal clutch that still allows you to manually disengage it. You can bring the bike down to a dead stop without stalling the motor. No more need to slip the clutch. I guess they have become popular with people that ride super technical trails. Thats about all I know. I've thought about getting one but then again I've thought about learning classical guitar too. Probably never gonna happen.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh nice that sounds a bit awesome lol.. I tend to end up in some technical stuff all the time that might be something I need to reserch,, thanks dude!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

my cousin has a ktm 525exc and it has a rekluse clutch. you adjust the rpm level the centrifigal clutch releases at so if you've got tons of low end power like the 351 kit gives ya, it would make for some killer low speed hill climbs as I watched him do last weekend. His bike climbed a hill so steep I figured i was about to watch a big crash. Sad thing is I had a video camera and didnt realize to video it until hours later. The bike laughed at this hill and asked for more. My poor little klx didnt have a chance. I didnt even try. I am sad I couldnt afford a ktm like his, Hes got over twice our engine size and the bike wieghs the same as ours give or take a few lbs 269 lbs I think his is listed at dry. But I got a killer green machine that is going to grow a 101cc this winter. Maybe I should email bill blue and see if hes familiar with those clutchs and if its a possiblity he could custom build one.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Some guys are big fans of the Rekluse clutch.
On the big bores in particular.

But there are down sides I believe.
One that comes to mind is you can't use the engine to stop the bike rolling.
And does that mean you can't bump start it?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I have one on my wr. You are right. You cannot bump start your bike with the rekluse.
clgdswr you should call rekluse. They answered all the questions I had on applications when I was searching for mine and were cool about it. No attitude at all.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Auto Clutch

reklus does not make a clutch for the klx250, but dont give up I installed a EFM clutch on my 250 and it is fantastic, LOOK AT EFM AUTO CLUTCH, on this forums, I did an article on the instrall and some pics.

gary

Old 03-13-2010, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

With the Rekluse the clutch lever still works normally, that is lost with the EFM. Can you bump start your bike with the EFM?

Old 03-13-2010, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member

if you have a kick starter, a rekluse might be a good idea, otherwise, make sure your battery aint going to die on you. personally, i dont like them and i do ride tight technical trails.

Quick Reply: clutch question