Clothes To Wear

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Clothes To Wear

First I am 61 years old and while in excellent shape and fit I am...well...not 21. So I don't plan or ridding *****-to-the-walls anymore. More like back country exploring with a few rips here and there.

So I went to the bike shops to try on clothes - I felt like I was wearing armor and could hardly move. I am about ready to go buy some good Carhart overalls and coat to go with my boots.

What do you guys wear.

Rik

Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

The rougher the riding gets the more stuff I put on. Putting around back roads, just work boots and gloves. A helmet of course. Up in the woods on tuff trails Cycle boots, knee guards, chest protector, helmet & gloves.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I have two costumes. Batman and Phantom.

Batman is my black leather shift jacket and bottoms, for around town. That has the solid plates in the shoulders etc. and makes me look cool.

Phantom is my back country wear, consisting of a purple padded textile riding jacket inherited from someone ages ago, elbows and knee pads, and what ever else I have close to hand. That keeps my city stuff clean, and I don't hesitate in getting into that muddy puddle when I'm out in the wops.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I recommend the Alpinestars Bionic jacket. It's got a lot of protection (back, chest, shoulders and elbows), and a built in kidney belt, but it doesn't really feel bulky like the armored jackets when it's on. Also, you could easily wear it under your Carhart. I use it for both street (under a jacket or by itself) and on trails (under a jersey).

Old 11-13-2008, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Sail-A-Wai,
By boots, I hope you mean motocross boots. . . . don't get caught UNDER your bike with hiking boots on. . . you can spend a lot of time recuperating from a fall, rather than doing the riding you'd like to be doing!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Sail you inspire me.... I've got 20+ years of riding left, whoo..hoo!!

Sidi Discovery Boots, EVS Ballistic Jersey with chest & shoulder protectors & kidney belt, EVS elbow and knee pads, and the fear of god.

Also got a real light weight mx roost protector for hot summer screwing around.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 11-14-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I've wear a mish mash of Sidi boots, Klim pants, Fox shirt, and a Klim jacket when it's cold. I also usually wear some cheap elbow/forearm guards.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

What Brian said. I go straight for the clearance rack. Except for the boots....Tech 6's and they weren't cheap. Nothing matches but I wear it all.
Don't forget some sort of kidney belt.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Thor 50/50 boots. LOVE em.
Tourmaster Intake II jacket.
HJC SPX moto x helmet.
Oakley Crobar goggles
I forget the name of the gloves.
Sometimes I wear cheap $15 knee/shin guards, but only for anticipated hardcore stuff. This was today before I went werewolf hunting.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I where chest protector, knee/shin guards, elbow guards, mx boots, and the normal gloves and helmet every time offroad.

Quick Reply: Clothes To Wear