That was close

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I removed mine just for peace of mind (not wanting risk of the it breaking pieces off)

Old 05-25-2019, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I never messed with mine! It's in there, .... somewhere!

Old 05-25-2019, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

some of mine is on my desk.....also in a bin at work.........lets not forget the belt sander at work....and the rest changed dimensions

Old 05-25-2019, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Like you know anything about the KLX650s, anything about them. Or how much experience or time those of us in that group have with them.

I will say it's nice to know someone who is perfect in so many ways and makes sure to tell us all how perfect you are.
Don't let him work you up Mark. When I did the mod as you recommend I have faith that I will have no problems with it. What you can't control is what someone else used metal wise and how they formed it and try to lay fault on you in the end. We all as tinkerers of these things need to take some responsibility for any mods we make good or bad.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I am not saying never to wire the KACR. This thread was more intended as an maybe keep an eye on the wire as time goes.

I removed mine since it had alot of wiggle in it and did not move perfectly. (and was a bit noisy)

Old 05-25-2019, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by InspectorJim
Don't let him work you up Mark. When I did the mod as you recommend I have faith that I will have no problems with it. What you can't control is what someone else used metal wise and how they formed it and try to lay fault on you in the end. We all as tinkerers of these things need to take some responsibility for any mods we make good or bad.

I agree, don't let that guy get you worked up. Some of us like your idea and have great faith in our coat hangers (etc)..

I like piano wire - Hey, if it's good enough for a piano, it's good enough for my exhaust cam..

Right ?

Last edited by Klxster; 05-25-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

So if I'm understanding this correctly this KACR mod is to address difficulty in starting?

Old 05-28-2019, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Houstons4
So if I'm understanding this correctly this KACR mod is to address difficulty in starting?
Hey buddy ! Long time no see.,, What's up with ya and your bike(s)..

WIth the MCM and a stock KACR, hot starting is nearly impossible. The spring keeps the device retracted at electric starter RPM's ONLY . The device is "fully expanded" at all other times (when the engine is running). Pulling off the spring simply allows full expansion at starter speeds to occur as well - effectively deactivating the device..

The other non-psychotic solutions are to remove, reposition, and reinstall the device (As I did) - or just remove it..

Old 05-28-2019, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Hey buddy ! Long time no see.,, What's up with ya and your bike(s)..

WIth the MCM and a stock KACR, hot starting is nearly impossible. The spring keeps the device retracted at electric starter RPM's ONLY . The device is "fully expanded" at all other times (when the engine is running). Pulling off the spring simply allows full expansion at starter speeds to occur as well - effectively deactivating the device..

The other non-psychotic solutions are to remove, reposition, and reinstall the device (As I did) - or just remove it..
How have you been KLXster, been way to long! I've been playing a lot with my Husky's on the trails with my boys, but did turn our KLX into a Super Moto. Finally got around to building a wheel set for it. As you know I'm running it lidless with the DJ0228 needle, which was a game changer buy haven't gotten around to the MCM just yet. Just starting to familiarize myself with it and came across this thread. It makes sense what you saying regarding the KACR. Punching it out doesn't seem to bad... coat hangers really? Super Moto turned out pretty good?

Old 05-28-2019, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh man,, love that SM of yours.. As long as you are going to run the stock header, you really SHOULD do-up the MCM on that bike - It'll become a TRQ monster wheelie machine !

Quick Reply: That was close