Clarke tank Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Clarke tank Question ?

All of you that have the clarke tank what are you getting out of it before you hit reserve ?
Looked thru some old posts but did not see anything mentioned.
I am currently running acerbis but like others here believe it to be Fugly but functional.
And out of the ones that are running the clarke tank if you had to do it all over again would this still be your tank of choice.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Clarke tank Question ?

I got up to 85 miles on my tank, with various riding conditions, and mostly WOT. I'm also a heavy bastard too, and I didn't quite fill it to the top. I'd say nice normal riding I could get almost 100 miles.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yup, I'd get the same tank again. The only thing I'd change is maybe I'd get a green one instead of black - it would hide the gap between the seat and radiator shrouds better. However, I have not had the problems with fitment and leaks that others have had.

I've never needed reserve yet because I always seem to find some place to get gas before that point. I've gonejust over100 miles before filling up though, riding state forest roads at a leisurely pace.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

It's so strange that some guys have no fitment issues at all, where others have that slight issue with the fittings touching, and not having the seat hook up to the tank properly. I'd probably do it again too if i had to. I liked the stock just fine, but i put a hole in it so....

Old 04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

This whole idea of shimming the back of the tank so that maybe your brass fittings don't hit the frame is just b*ll...
I am less than impressed with my Acerbis (unusable gas in the wings)...
But if I had bought the clarke I would be really ticked as well. That's not cool at all. It's custom designed for the 250 and it doesn't even fit... ****-poor in my books. [&:]

Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys. I like the idea of the stock look you get with the clarke. Without having to deal with fan mods like you have to do with the ims. It seems all these tanks we get to choose from have there issues. [:@]
What to do what to do..... there may be a acebis for sale soon just not sure yet ?
Thanks again.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I have hit 65 mile and not hit reserve- I have not run it to reserve yet. Stock tank I hit reserve 44-50 miles.

My tank fit fine with out any shims till I added a FCR 35. then I needed 4 washers at the rear, no problem. I would not give up the extra fuel.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear Member

On my acerbis I did install some lines inside the tank and a vacuum fuel pump to get all the fuel out of the wings when I hit the reserve. Line is insert in the reserve hole of the petcock beside the On position plastic tube and split in 2 to get in each wing. Got the idea from a member here or on Tumper talk.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the natural, had the black first, like it can always see how much gas is in it.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm sticking with the Acerbis. 3.2 gallonsusable plumbed stockand the last bit can be had with a little leaning and rocking. I'd rather have the 3.7 gallons and have to mess around a little to get it rather than not have it at all. NO fitment issues. No relocating or removing of things. It just bolted in.

Quick Reply: Clarke tank Question ?