Christmas comes early.* You Tube clip added.*

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Christmas comes early.

Hey WestOZ, your gear looks awesome, good choices, I might pick me up one of those jackets, how long for delivery from placing order to recieving.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

6 Days from order to delivery. CA in USA, to WA in AUS.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Got the stuff from Bike Bandit.
I'm a 42" chest, got the 44" jacket. Buy 1 size up.
I'm cheeky. I tried on one at a local bike show.
Also got the IMS gloves in 2XL. Perfect fit.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats some cool **** right there bro!! Nice gear man!!
Cheers!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Finally got round to fitting the M7.
Dry fix showed up a small problem,. The connector pipe wouldn't engage with the header deep enough to line up the muffler, as there is a small gasket in the end of the header preventing it butting right up to the connector pipe. Removed the gasket leaving a slightly loose fit but giving me a perfect dry fix. Used some aluminum tape on the connector pipe to fashion a gasket and all is now sweet. Butted it up to the header and tweeked all the bolts up. Exhaust header is 25nm if you don't know. While the header was off I got to work on the weld on the entry of the header, 10 minutes of furious 'Dremmel' esque action had it thrashed to within a micron of it's life.
I've removed the snorkel on the airbox, as here in WA water is a little thin on the ground.

I'll have the carby off over the W/E and finish the jetting mods.
I'll fire the gal up after and see how she goes.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Added pictures. See above.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for posting the pics...just got my exhaust today...minus the X-ring...once I get that, I will be sure to glance at this thread again.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

WestOzKLX,

did u order a quiet tip as well? I read that the pipe is pretty loud, but I will not get to install mine until I get the ring...let me know thanks.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I haven't fired here up yet. Tempted to, but resisted and set to with the carb jetting. Just finished that but work is calling. DOH. Will have the carb in tomorrow, and repost with a YouTube.
Aus spec models come with a Kehein #132 main, #35 Pilot and the fuel screw is already uncapped and accessible. The needle is different to US spec also its an N1RX not the NFKT I think you get.( It's still unadjustable.) I put in the N1TC needle and set the clip on position 2 from the top. ( when offered up to the original this made the new needle slightly raised.) I put in a #40 Kehein Pilot jet and stuck with the original Kehein #132 main jet that is standard on the AUS spec 250H7. I've started with my FS3 (thanks NJKouba) at 2 turns out. I've removed the snorkel (will see how she goes, if she's still rich i'll remove the whole lid.) When I removed the standard pipe, she was a bit sooty. I'm sure she was running rich with a #132 main and the strangled standard snorkel ( the plug was soooty too). We'll see how she goes when I get the carby back in tomorrow. ( I also changed all the screws on the carby top and bottom for hex head bolts. It means in the future I can just rotate the carby and take off the bowl , or top and adjust the jets or needle.) I hope this helps, especially the Aussie owners as our carby is different from the US bikes.

Oh, and no, I didn't order a tip. I'll see how she goes. The Aussie distributer is here in Perth, so If I want one in the future it will be TOO EASY.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Good stuff, WestOz.

I see that the Aussie spec KLX still has the higher flow airbox boot, like the earlier Japanese models had (I think1999 and prior).

On the newer U.S. and Japanese spec bikes, the front of the air box is hard plastic that tapers down and connects to sem-rigid hosethat runs between that and the carbyinlet. It can be aPITA to deal with at times.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the praise Tremor. I feel it's hard to get some around here sometimes.[sm=violin.gif]
Noted the airboot before.(Yes it's very pliable and helps heaps when removing and fitting the carby.) The Us model has that boxy one with the restricted crankcase breather hole. IMHO I think we get a better deal on the KLX as opposed to the US model with all that smog stuff and weird lookin' huge tail light. Just off to my local Kwaka dealer to get a Kehein #138 main and some washers to try with the stock needle, NIRX. (Again different to the US model.)
ORIGINAL: tremor38s

Good stuff, WestOz.

I see that the Aussie spec KLX still has the higher flow airbox boot, like the earlier Japanese models had (I think 1999 and prior).

On the newer U.S. and Japanese spec bikes, the front of the air box is hard plastic that tapers down and connects to sem-rigid hose that runs between that and the carby inlet. It can be a PITA to deal with at times.

Quick Reply: Christmas comes early.* You Tube clip added.*