Chill out ppl

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmm well I had an interesting day yesterday. I got a call from a dorm lodger asking if I could let him in because he left his key in the room, I said sure, so I zip up there and open the door, then I hear an alarm in the pump room, I go up to see that the low suction shut down has been activated. I walk outside to look a the gauge on the tank and IT"S EMPTY!!!! I just looked at it on Wednesday, and it was full, 35,000 gallons full.

Well as I looked at everything, I first had to drive down the hill and hit the reset, and 2 hours later I had a full tank again. So where did all the water go? My first thought was that the gauge was stuck and the tank had been empty for a few weeks and I just didn't realize it. Then I finally got the pumps to run, but the pressure was low. My wife stopped up to see how it was going. I went to the admin building to get the air out of the system, and as I walked across the courtyard, there was a river of water flowing out of one of the landscape flowerbeds.

I was like what? It seems that a 2 inch water line that feeds the landscape areas busted, and it had been flowing probably since Thursday or Friday, but with the pouring rain and flooding we didn't notice the water flowing to the center drain in the courtyard. Well I isolated it and will fix it this spring/summer. I called the city and let them know if they found an extra 35,000 gallons of water its mine and could they bring it back. I bet we get a nice bill for that one. Yeaaaaaaaa 8 hrs overtime. How was your Saturday?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
. I called the city and let them know if they found an extra 35,000 gallons of water its mine and could they bring it back. ............... How was your Saturday?
LMAO

to the second part. I don't know what everyone else did but after I closed down my shop I went downstairs into the workshop and started to fit up an endcap for the supposed KLXR 250 can I just got last week off ebay. I didn't want to do too much work before I even saw if it would fit on my bike. And the reasons I haven't yet is because I have yet to wash it. I will do that tomorrow probably. I did hold it up beside it and it looks like it will fit right up.

I bought it because it has the endcap removed and it has a larger pipe going into the can. You know that smaller piece of midpipe that fits up to the header thats attached to the bottom?
________
******* Naomi

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I spent friday and saturday and sunday building the handrails for our stairs ( after ten years without them I figured I better get around to it) and at the same time, designed/built a bracket and installed the fuel pump and hoses to my bike for the Acerbis tank which should solve the "getting the last few litres of fuel from the wings of the tank problem". I also worked on solving the Acerbis gas tank petcock/choke interferance problem and I think I have it beat. I will post some pics of both soon. Pretty mellow last few days, I just love puttering in my shop!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I've built or restored about 10 Mustangs of various years throughout my life, both for myself and other people. I just do it as a hobby, but this one has been my obsession for the last 14 years. I work on it as money and time allows, but it will be moving under its own power this spring!

Name:  Pic003.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  45.5 KB
As she was in 1994. A 1970 Mustang fastback (not a Mach 1 or Boss). Exterior paint looked good, but the rear frame and floor boards were toast.

Name:  Pic027.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  47.7 KB
Solved the frame problem...

Name:  Pic030.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  27.5 KB
...and the floor problem.

Name:  Pic118.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  93.2 KB
Painted her myself. Calypso Coral (orange) was the original color.

Name:  Pic179.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  83.3 KB
I didn't want to restore this one to original - I want a street/strip car. The rear tires are 29" X 18.5" X 15 Mickeys.

Name:  Pic181.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  175.2 KB
Here she is currently. I have to make a custom carpet and finish the interior, bolt the engine and tranny in (351W stroked to 427ci, Toploader 4-speed), get matching front rims, and mount the front clip. When I'm not working or riding, you can usually find me working on this.

Last edited by mustang; 11-10-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats a sweet mustang mustang..... lol.....

Old 11-10-2008, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Me,, Im a puss lol, its to cold for me here in West By God to be out in the woods riding,, Yeah it urks me a lil but I have winter plans. Ill be working on the ol subaru wagon. Im planing on doing my turbo engine swap this winter, Yes its goin to be aggravating but oh well. lol. Its what I have wanted to do in some time. Last weekend was wonderfull high 65-70 degrees unfortantly for me It was the last warm weekend and I was stuck doing headgaskets on my friends subaru but oh well chit happens, and spring will be here soon. But my major priortiy right now is my car as for show season is right around the corner..

Old 11-10-2008, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Mustang,,, Nice work bro lookin good

Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Omg! That car is the bomb the shazzizzle and dope all rolled into one. I know I'm too old to talk like that but Mustang you got skillz that make me look like I just got a Frontal Lobotomy. All I got to say is WOW!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys! That car has cost me 3 relationships (including an engagement) and untold thousands of dollars, but it's what keeps me sane. It all started with "...I'll just put a hot motor in it" and ended up being "...since I've done this, I might as well do that too". Funny how projects snowball like that.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

tension? i think its the politics - its really gotten ot people this year and isn't passing after the election - for a lot of people the tension is only building

Quick Reply: Chill out ppl