Changing to a 13 t front

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

15t is largest that fits while keeping the chain saver...16t fits, but you'll have to lose the chain saver...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

the other day my shoelaces both ended up right into that chainsaver plastic cover
a hair away from getting sucked in and I notice that on the freeway

was scared it would pull my boot off or something

one in a millon shot getting both tips of my laces somehow sucked in

Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member

shoe laces are dangerous..i triple knot it and have my pants over it....once my shoe lace got sucked in and stuck...almost tipped over to the left, but quickly accelerated briefly enough to straighten, pull over and lean right to get the lace out...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 AM
1st Gear Member

or worse the loops get stuck on the peg when coming to a stop, and you realize the leg you rest on is not going to touch the floor

my laces had to bee 14 inches long when they came loose
I had my foot as far over as I could on the peg and the freeway wind blew the lace tips directly into the sprocket

Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MikeW
or worse the loops get stuck on the peg when coming to a stop, and you realize the leg you rest on is not going to touch the floor

my laces had to bee 14 inches long when they came loose
I had my foot as far over as I could on the peg and the freeway wind blew the lace tips directly into the sprocket
When riding in loose pants...not riding pants...I've seen people get the kickstarter go up the inside of the pants leg and make the surprising discovery at the next stop light...LOL! Also I went to test out a Honda CR500 monster that an acquaintance was selling. I was wearing blue jeans...and no, they weren't bell bottoms...when I tested the bike in an open, flat field. While pulling an uncontrolled, unintended wheelie, my pant leg flapped into the countershaft sprocket while trying to reacquire the footpegs. Darn thing nearly yanked me off the bike...ruined a good pair of pants. At the time, even though I was racing open-class 2-stroke Husqvarnas in enduro competition...360's and 390's...I found that CR500 to be almost totally unmanageable. I'll admit it...I'm not and never was man enough to really utilize that bike's power.

Getting pants, shoestrings, and other clothing items hung up in the bike's components may not be a common occurrence, but it can happen with some nasty results.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

See guys, this is why you wear shorts and mx boots when riding on the street, no chance of shoe laces or pant legs getting stuck in the sprocket...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Shoe laces! My bike ate one last summer. I was wearing army parade boots (with steel toes). While riding I heard a "tack" and felt something on my foot. I looked down to discover that a piece of my left shoe lace was gone. I was lucky it put spaghetti style laces a couple days ago on those boots. If I had put the large ones, I guess something bad could have happened.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I was out on my KLX yesterday with the wife on the back and found the first decent bit of tarmac to open it up,, 130KM/PH in 6th when the rev limiter cut in,, i always assumed it was standard , but going to count me sprocket teeth now,,

Cheers

Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
1st Gear Member

I was out on my KLX yesterday with the 250lbs wife on the back cruising down the freeway at a steady 150KM/PH in 6th, passing semis on one wheel...

Than my mother woke me up!

Good morning guys

Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subseageorge
I was out on my KLX yesterday with the wife on the back and found the first decent bit of tarmac to open it up,, 130KM/PH in 6th when the rev limiter cut in,, i always assumed it was standard , but going to count me sprocket teeth now,,

Cheers
I had no problem getting to that speed too but still way under the rev limiter
but you know the speedo is way off to a gps
so 130kmh really isnt that big of a deal
hitting the limiter is you must have different sprockets and may not want to drive it at those speeds

I installed that electronic speedo calibrator so now mine is dead on with gps
so thats why my numbers seem lower then you think, but its the true speed
when im at 104kmh my tach is 7000 thats our highway speeds here
all I did was put in a 15t
when I was 14t my tach was 7800 at the same highway speeds

but I cant go much faster then that maybe up to 117 never had the chance to check yet nor do I really care
I dont ride much at high speeds but when I do I just wanted lower rps

Quick Reply: Changing to a 13 t front