Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Chad Reed is a freakin' machine

In case you haven't already seen this:

‪2011 Chad Reed Crash-Millville(Official Speed TV Feed)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I am not a big fan of Reed, but you gotta give the guy some respect for getting back on that horse. I hope he didn't get hurt too bad.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I hadn't been a huge Reed fan before this year. He's really stepped up his game this year, and seems to be enjoying racing much more than previous years. I was watching that race last weekend when the crash happened, and I got this sick feeling, like I was watching a man become a quadrapalegic right before my eyes. Next thing you know he's pulling back on to the track. "Holy crap!!!" He's earned some serious cred from that move, very ballsy.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:19 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that was a scary deal. The 450 guys have been going at it this season in one of the most even matchups I've seen in awhile. Later in that same moto, Dungey and Villapoto had a great battle. This has been a fun season to watch.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I think both of your comments are indicative of a greater trend in the US. Chad had a lot of haters - usually Carmichael or Stewart fans - and that peaked last year when he pulled out of his Kawasaki deal and the outdoor season. But this year, against ALL odds he has earned respect of the public by showing the grit and determination that we all think we have, and at a minimum demand of our heroes.

As it turns out, I dislikes Ricky and James, so was a Reed fan - and I am loving what he's doing more and more. Even if he doesn't seal the deal this year with the championship, I recon he will end the season with a LOT more supporters than he started the season.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I wasn't a fan of Chad because In the past he was somewhat of a sniveling whiner. I give him credit for sticking it out and focusing on racing and not making excuses. Reed is starting to grow on me.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

big reedy fan here (but tied with villopoto, i do bleed green you know). that scared the freaking hell out of me, then he got up, and motoed down like a navy seal, very very impressed. he actually stated later that was the gnarliest crash he has ever had/seen, and couldnt charge as hard as he wanted cus he felt like he was going to puke when he pushed it (aka im pretty sure he was concussed, as that same thing will happen). my question is how will he fare at washougal tomarrow? hes only 6 points up now, so all it will take is the predicted villo-dunge-reedy finish both motos to tie up the points. all i know is ill be at pala come the end of the series, and i will definally be screaming, hanging over the fence, waving a towel, drunker than hell.

as for reeds fan base, yes, back in the mc/ricky days, he did kinda act like a bitch, i also didnt watch sx/mx that much then. come about 08/09, when i started really getting into the sport, he started to matured a lot, and even states it today. a lot of people are starting to see this, and along with his great podium interviews (unlike dungeys), and being man enough to start his own team, hes earned a lot of respect in recent times.

now lets hear some more from the aussies, ive been told that the media down there didnt like him that much for a while.

Last edited by punkenduro09; 07-23-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the comment on the you tube site. Chad.......Norris LOL

Amazing crash.
Dan

Old 07-23-2011, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

DAMMMMNNNN !!!!

Hardcore.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I was a Stewart fan in the past... he's just so damn fast when he pours on the coals, I couldn't help but be impressed, but he sucks at using good judgement and being consistent. Reed's personality sort of put me off in the past, not that that should matter, but whatever, I thought he always seemed kinda too cool for words or something. But this year Bubba has been a real let-down, and made a number of foolish mistakes on and off the track. So yeah, not so much of a Stewart fan anymore, but I'm hoping he'll grow up, pull it together, and come back next year vying for the championship.