Case saver

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
Id take the brush gaurds over the case saver, one of those bikes has the stock hand guards in the woods...
Yea thats Mustang's bike, he dropped it and snapped the clutch lever, the handguards were the first thing he ordered when he got home. I think it has the 340 kit and a pumper carb, he was also the one that made his own S.S. header for the super trapp muffler. Nice bike.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That was a good time - '07 I think. The KLX was the first motorcycle I've seriously rode off-road (besides dirt roads and two-track), and that was my first trip out on those trails. It was a learning experience to be sure. But I watched everyone else, checked out their equipment, and started ordering as soon as I got home.

I don't have good quality recent pics, but here's the ol' girl now...

Out of our group, I think Eric and I are the only ones with KLX's now - most everybody else went orange or blue.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang
That was a good time - '07 I think. The KLX was the first motorcycle I've seriously rode off-road (besides dirt roads and two-track), and that was my first trip out on those trails. It was a learning experience to be sure. But I watched everyone else, checked out their equipment, and started ordering as soon as I got home.

I don't have good quality recent pics, but here's the ol' girl now...

Out of our group, I think Eric and I are the only ones with KLX's now - most everybody else went orange or blue.
I can still keep up with the other colors though

Looks good man, see you have changed the graphics. I love the look of the black wheels. I still gotta get up there and get the front hub replaced.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I can still keep up with the other colors though

Looks good man, see you have changed the graphics. I love the look of the black wheels. I still gotta get up there and get the front hub replaced.
+1 You definitely prove that it's the rider, not the bike.

Crap, I forgot all about relacing your wheel. Sorry about that. We'll have to get together and do that.

The graphics were a friend-of-a-friend deal. Long story short, a college student majoring in graphic design used my KLX for a project. He sent the final design to TSS Graphics to be printed and then applied the graphics. Only cost me $29.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

No hurry on lacing the hub, maybe when it cools a bit. Real busy now anyway.

Graphics look good.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

nice bike mustang, what tires are you running on there? Are they DOT and do they do okay at highway speeds?

Old 07-22-2010, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

In response to the original topic of casesavers, here's what I put on my bike (from Zeta):

Old 07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
nice bike mustang, what tires are you running on there? Are they DOT and do they do okay at highway speeds?
Thanks! Kenda TrakMaster rear, Pirelli Scorpion XCMS front. Both are DOT. I find them to be a little squirmy on the road, especially if it's wet. They aren't uncontrollable or anything, just your typical knobby-on-blacktop feel. TrakMasters don't live long with a lot of road miles though, but the Scorpion front seems to be holding up well.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jckid
In response to the original topic of casesavers, here's what I put on my bike (from Zeta):

That's cool! Where did you buy it? I've only seen those listed for DRZ400's.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Look what comes up if you type in Zeta google images.....
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...w=1280&bih=860

Kept me busy for awhile... now back to case savers...

Quick Reply: Case saver