Caryying extra gear??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxrelic
However i do like deej's rack box. Gotta try to search for more info on that. (hint-any help there would be appreciated).

It's a Pelican case and I believe they are waterproof. You can find them online, Ebay etc. and I think I saw some at Dick's sporting goods.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
1st Gear Member

The telescoping rods aren't the best but the better ones will do. I'm going with a take down rod that adapts from a spinning to a spincast or to a fly rod. It comes with several ferruled sections that piece together depending on the reel you use. The sections are about 24 inches long.

I thought about mounting a PVC tube across the bars but that will only work with a small sectioned rod. A standard 2 piece makes the tube WAY too long.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member

i have done a lot of fishing from the bike and i just used my snowboarding back pack (dakine) with the cinche down elastic straps for my 2pc ultralight...bareley even sticks up over my head. fish on

Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I've actually thought about mounting a rod holder on the rear rack(when I get one) to allow the rod to hang back at an angle while riding--also helps for holding the rod while waiting on that big cat to hit.... if he can pull the bike in, I'll let him have it! Riding this bike is almost as much fun as fishing!!?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Diawa makes a good portable rod. reel is poor and I woudl upgrade that. cabelas... 40 bucks.... as for teh bag (the thread). I have a moose front fender bag. have to limit the stuff in it so it does not block the headlight.... leatherman, zip ties, mini air pump, duct wrapped around a tube that carries my extra plug, starbucks card... the usual.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

oh yeah, I fly fish, so teh back pack gets strapped to the rear fender, its heavy with the boots, waders, fly bag and 4 piece pole.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

New take down rod came USPS today. 4 piece 6' 6" im6 graphite wraps up neatly in a nylon mesh bag and slips into a fairly rigid plastic tube that fit really well on the bars between the handguards and snuggles down between the bars and front light faring. It covers the speedo and tach but I don't pay any attention to those anyway.

UPS delivers late but I'm hoping to get my maxpedition pack and fit it to the rear rack.

Here's the rod. Well protected and mounts with a few small bungee cords.

I Also hacked my stock guards and screwed them to my barkbusters,.......until they bust off.

Name:  pole-mount.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  50.8 KB

Last edited by horizonod; 01-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I use this

keeps me hydrated and I carry all kinds of useless crap lol

Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

AH.........but useless crap is only useless until you need it. Then it's essential crap.

Be prepared

Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by horizonod
AH.........but useless crap is only useless until you need it. Then it's essential crap.

Be prepared
+1 thats why I have a back pack haha,, ok I carry Flint,2 lighters,flashlight,batteries,emergancy blanket,,(folds up like a wallet), Tarp, compass, fishing line, small tackle, water proof matches,first aid kit,snake bite kit,a whistle, (thats right I said a whistle) 3 flares, a couple of glow sticks, extra cigerettes, extra bag of weed, couple bottles of water, a lil extra gas, firestarter sticks, tools,and rope. So pretty much useless and I would rather keep it that way but I like to think Im prepared haha, oh yeah veinna sausages, and small snack survivor food,

oh and if your wondering why a whistle and not a cell phone,, well there is no cell service deep in the woods around here so cell phones are useless to take trailriding/exploring around here!!

Quick Reply: Caryying extra gear??