Be Careful with R I D E G E A R . C O M

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Be Careful with R I D E G E A R . C O M

KLX Forum Members:

I ordered a pair of Bikemaster Flush Mount rear directional blinker lights with the Amber bulbs. I ordered them from R I D E G E A R . C O M. One of the bulbs burnt out, and I could not find a replacement bulb locally. So, I ordered two Bikemaster replacement bulbs from from R I D E G E A R . C O M. They sent me twenty bulbs in the wrong size. I called them, told them. They didn't have the right size and and didn't even offer to order more or research. Moreover, they said I needed to wait for them to give me permission (return number) to return bulbs and that I need to pay the return postage. I think their return policy sucks as does their customer service.

I am going to cut and copy this message and email it to RideGear.com, letting them know the message is going to a few thousand potential customers.

This forum is great because it keeps us informed about the latest and greatest tricks for our bikes, but it makes us smarter consumers and helps keep the parts and bike merchants honest.

P.S. Anyone know where I can get a couple amber blinker lights for my bikemaster flush mount lights...from a REPUTABLE parts dealer?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Default RE: Be Careful with R I D E G E A R . C O M

I had already posted a similar warning about the same place, see here . . .

I Was Misled

The two are coupled at the hip and neither provides satisfactory service. A bunch of incompetents that are rippng good folks off.

You can shop wherever you want to. I just don't shop here!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Not to bring this out of the woodwork but I wanted to add my recent experience with RideGear.com without starting a new thread.

In August I ordered a jacket and waited, after a couple of weeks and no word from the company. I called and was told to hang in there, waited a week and called again told the same thing.
The next week the same, then the next time I called they admitted that they could not get the item and offered to sell me another brand or an in store credit.

I asked for them to reverse the charges to my credit card and they agreed to do so, 3 weeks later no credit for the charges had posted so I called and was told that for some reason the credit would not go thru so they would mail me a check.

A week later the check arrives for $136.95 and I deposit it, two weeks (today) later I receive the check back in the mail from my bank; it had bounced due to insufficient funds.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Serenity now!!!!! Insanity later. That's unacceptable. I think I would be talking to someone besides the store.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I have heard horrible things about them as well. I knew this & still ordered a couple graphix from them since they are the only place I could find them. Luckily they made it.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Deric,
It's funny that you noticed my post because you're the cause of my trouble.

Why did you have to post the pictures of that damn Fieldsheer HydroTour jacket?
I finally did get the jacket from DSPowerSports.com (same price) while RideGear was screwing around and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I must say that I like everything about the jacket except the velcro neck closure, it has a nice Mad Max look and is plenty warm.

I have contacted my credit card company and requested that they charge back ridegear for this transaction, they are reviewing the case, the fact that they sent a refund check to me may muddy this deal for me.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Im sorry?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1
I have contacted my credit card company and requested that they charge back ridegear for this transaction, they are reviewing the case, the fact that they sent a refund check to me may muddy this deal for me.
Get something official from the bank showing the check bounced, preferably including a copy of the check and fax that to your credit card company. There should be no question - you have full documentation, there should be no "there word against yours".

Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I understand what you are saying and that is not the issue with my credit card company.

What the card company said may be a problem is that RideGear sent a refund by check after I agreed to it and even though the check bounced it may take the credit card company out of the loop and put the monkey on my back to fight out in court.
They are looking into it though to see if this is going to cause my a problem since this hole deal is out of the ordinary.

In the mean time I was finally able to speak with a person at RideGear this afternoon and was told that they have switched banks and that is what caused the check to bounce so they are reissuing a check on the new account, I'm not sure why I am still having some doubts; but I am.
A Company that hastily switches bank accounts while they still have recently written outstanding checks in circulation leads me to the conclusion that it is a poorly run business.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, what a horror story. Good luck with this and keep us posted as to the results.

Quick Reply: Be Careful with R I D E G E A R . C O M