Be careful out there

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
1st Gear Member

My .02...always run your bright lights during the day, add driving lights, and install extra LED brake light bar.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree DYNOBOB. My incidence of near-death (onroad) experiences has dropped from 2/yr to almost zero with the brights on during the day.

Unfortunately, it hasn't changed my offroad incidence of near-death experience at all....

Old 07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay... so we've covered what the OTHER stupid drivers out there do... Don't forget that sometimes WE are the stupid drivers.

Case in point: my son-in-law is healing from an accident this past weekend. He's lucky to be alive!!! He was driving stupid, on some beautiful twisties, and lost control in a curves at over 100 MPH. Stupid move!!! He realizes that now... after the fact.

Like I said, he is lucky to be alive. Fortunately, he was wearing his gear. The bike was totalled. His helmet is covered with deep gravel gouges, and his jacket and pants are all torn up. He walked away with a broken wrist, sprained ankle, and multiple bruises and scrapes.

So - even though the other driver is usually to blame, we need to remember to ride under control as well.

'nuff said...

Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Okay... so we've covered what the OTHER stupid drivers out there do... Don't forget that sometimes WE are the stupid drivers.

Case in point: my son-in-law is healing from an accident this past weekend. He's lucky to be alive!!! He was driving stupid, on some beautiful twisties, and lost control in a curves at over 100 MPH. Stupid move!!! He realizes that now... after the fact.

Like I said, he is lucky to be alive. Fortunately, he was wearing his gear. The bike was totalled. His helmet is covered with deep gravel gouges, and his jacket and pants are all torn up. He walked away with a broken wrist, sprained ankle, and multiple bruises and scrapes.

So - even though the other driver is usually to blame, we need to remember to ride under control as well.

'nuff said...
I'm more than ok with accidents where i cause pain to myself and property. I get more than irritated when someone else causes it to me just being an idiot.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
He was driving stupid, on some beautiful twisties, and lost control in a curves at over 100 MPH...
Well, with our bikes at least we don't have to worry about losing control at 100 MPH...unless we plummet off a cliff or ride the bike while it is in the back of a truck.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 PM
red
1st Gear Member

heh, reminds me of the first night I had my 'new' klx 650. Had been playing around in a muddy ditch just outside of town and was headed back home. passed by the Walmart next to the loop when a police officer pulled out of the parking lot and pulled me over, walks up asking for my paperwork. I hand it over and ask why he stopped me, says because he clocked me doing 130mph on the loop. He started laughing when I told him there was no way in hell my bike could get going that fast