Carby leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Default Carby leak

Boughtmy 99' KLX250 a few days ago & have had a great time on it, just one thing though, I've noticed occasionally when the bike is sitting in neutral or just still the carby overflows, could this be the needle & float in the carby? anyone have any good links on taking the carby down to check it out?

Old 09-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Carby leak

Sounds like you had better check your float height and float integrity

Old 09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the help, the shop has checked the carby out & found the needle & seat were worn & so they ordered me a new needle & seat & they're gonna take care of it for me so it should be sweet. Looking forward to getting it back again, withdrawals starting to kick in[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 09-06-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool! Your 99 is somewhat unique in this forum. Do you have the removable baffle in your silencer?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Not sure actually, I'm a newbie to this bike, they did say it was a stock exhaust & it's not loud, yet I somehow think it's been modified, ie no plug in the end of the exhaust like I've seen on some others, but maybe these bikes are different to other KLX's in other countries because of pollution gear etc.
When I get the bike back I'll check out the silencer to see if I can get inside it to find out if the baffle can come out, it doesn't hurt to have a little more power.
I was also thinking about different body parts like radiator/muffler shrouds etc, not sure whether the latest KLX 250 body parts are interchangeable or not.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

looks like it has a rack of the klx250s.... nice lookin bike...

Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 AM

Thanks, I got it back today & had a slow ride just around my back yard & had no more leaks, oh yeah & the bike didn't leak eitherdecided to take the lid off my airbox &I'lltake it for a decent ride tomorrow to see if it makes agood/baddifference. It's been raining a bit at my usual venue sohere's to a dirty weekend for me! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pointman74

[align=left]Boughtmy 99' KLX250 a few days ago & have had a great time on it, just one thing though, I've noticed occasionally when the bike is sitting in neutral or just still the carby overflows, could this be the needle & float in the carby? anyone have any good links on taking the carby down to check it out?[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
Congrats on the '99! Looks like a very sweet example. How many miles? Enjoy it Man!

Old 09-08-2007, 03:03 AM

Thanks Gerry, New news is I took it for a ride today, only thing is, it's leaking again! NOTimpressed! Calling shop AGAIN on monday, did they really fix it? I have to wonder [:@]Maybe I'm doing something wrong? getting a little pissed off here [sm=wtf.gif]

Quick Reply: Carby leak