Carb De-ice, mod prep, boredom, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Default RE: Carb De-ice, mod prep, boredom, etc...

All I will say is this;

I have never had a carb icing problem!

Old 11-27-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

AH, HA..HA..HAAA....U vely funny guy, orange grove man!

ORIGINAL: Marty

All I will say is this;

I have never had a carb icing problem!

Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM

I do however know what you are dealing with.

When I arrived there, they started putting up these long poles painted yellow and black with day glo orange tops. I asked what they were for and was told, "So they can find the roads in the winter!"

I have never been so cold in my life as there. Even with a parka on, I froze the majority of the time while there. It gets cold, very cold there! Not too far up the road is where they have the Ice Festival every year. A great place to visit. They also held the 1972 Winter Olympics in Sapporo. I was thinking of going to work there as Sapporo is a real party town!

However, I am very interested in the pilot adjustment screw you have. Is that stock?

Old 11-27-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, that's the Kouba fuel screw. It's the same folks who make the lowering links. Great people to deal with. Try this link.

http://www.koubalink.com/fuelscrew.html

ORIGINAL: Marty

I do however know what you are dealing with.

When I arrived there, they started putting up these long poles painted yellow and black with day glo orange tops. I asked what they were for and was told, "So they can find the roads in the winter!"

I have never been so cold in my life as there. Even with a parka on, I froze the majority of the time while there. It gets cold, very cold there! Not too far up the road is where they have the Ice Festival every year. A great place to visit. They also held the 1972 Winter Olympics in Sapporo. I was thinking of going to work there as Sapporo is a real party town!

However, I am very interested in the pilot adjustment screw you have. Is that stock?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default This just in A16Tony!

I talked to the dealer about what exactly the inline valve does and he said it's noting but a thermostat that is not critical for deicing...only for maintaining a tighter temp for emissions purposes. The filter upstream of the thermosat is only there to keep crud from gumming-up the thermostat. So, there's 2 less parts you would need. Now we're down to the nipple fitting coming out of the cylinder head, the carb T-fitting which is available stateside, and the other T-fitting on the RH radiator hose.

In about 2 weeks, ask me about this subject again, because there's a good chance I'll have some goodies to send your way. When I put in the pumper carb I will no longer need the the carb heat, so whatever you need is yours...heck, I don't even need it now. I plan to plug the holes with a the cylinder head plug and RH hose (minus T-fitting) from a KLX300R. Shoulda bought them both while I was at the dealer ordering the N1TC and Jets, but I was kinda pressed for time. [8D]