Calling all Tusk D-Flex owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Those are nice looking but you have to buy the actual metal bar separate, unless I'm misreading it.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
Those are nice looking but you have to buy the actual metal bar separate, unless I'm misreading it.

yeah the metal bar is seperate, but this kit is what I want,,

Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont have that particular MSR. I do however have MSR Handguards.

I have these.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product...34-0357/Orange

I have them in White though. They have a simular cut to the Dominator. The bar had to be purchased seperatly. I like them. I did not have to tilt the brake and clutch down slightly. The MSR clutch handle fits perfect but then the clutch neutral safety fails to work...

I you want I can take a picture of my bike and post it.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

heck yeah that would be cool

Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Do your front brake lines push up and down in front of your display when you sit on the bike, break, accelerate, etc?

I never noticed it until I mounted new bars. My throttle lines are really tight and squeek when I turn. Any way to loosen them up?

I took some pics just now, I'll have them up soon.

Last edited by je2000; 10-10-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
Do your front brake lines push up and down in front of your display when you sit on the bike, break, accelerate, etc?

I never noticed it until I mounted new bars. My throttle lines are really tight and squeek when I turn. Any way to loosen them up?
Mine don't block my display, no. You can probably move them around and keep them from getting in the way, though. I know we played with where mine were.

You probably need to lube your throttle cables. See if that helps before you start adjusting them. Just my .02 I'm sure somebody more qualified can help you.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
Mine don't block my display, no. You can probably move them around and keep them from getting in the way, though. I know we played with where mine were.

You probably need to lube your throttle cables. See if that helps before you start adjusting them. Just my .02 I'm sure somebody more qualified can help you.
It doesn't block the display, but the cable itself moves around a few inches. Maybe I just didn't notice it before.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000

I took some pics just now, I'll have them up soon.
I second the notion of lubing the your cable lines. I dont know about everyone elses bike but on mine only when i turn my bars to right my engine will accelerate a little. your problem could be the way you routed your cables if you did i am at a loss. good luck

Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KAWASAKIspeed
I second the notion of lubing the your cable lines. I dont know about everyone elses bike but on mine only when i turn my bars to right my engine will accelerate a little. your problem could be the way you routed your cables if you did i am at a loss. good luck
I get more of the total turn acceleration when I go left more than right. Though when at idle, nothing happens. I have to be on the throttle to see any change.

I promised pics, so here they are. You can view ultra high resolution ones at my flickr page. flickr.com/photos/whitescarfsyndrome

Where do I adjust throttle free play here?

Right side triple clamp spacing next to crossbar

Left side triple clamp spacing next to crossbar

Stretched throttle cables

Anti cable chew solution. Not pretty.

Rubbing the clutch cable. Do I go above or under?

More throttle cable tightness. I didn't reroute anything, I just let it hang loose when replacing the bars. The bars are Tusk T-10 YZ High bars. 3.50 height. They seem slightly higher than stock. Definitely more ergonomic and comfortable than stock. I am 6' with a 6' arm span.

Your basic top view

Your basic top view. They forgot to ship screws so I don't wanna hear it about the tape!

It's uneven and it makes me mad.

I took some other pics of motor seal leakage and some tire tread wear. Under "Ride" Not all screws are fully torqued, the left bar end specifically. Hopefully these pics help some people out with trying to fit Tusk D-Flex to the 2009 Tusk T-10 bars. By the way, I must have used the wrong brand aerosol hairspray on the left grip, because it didn't work. The right grip has nothing, and it's very tight. I'll fix it later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitesc...7606661199773/

Last edited by je2000; 10-11-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Eww, tape? After I showed you the exact screws to use? BOOO....

To get them lined up evenly, take the plastic shields off, and just line up the metal bars. Hella easier that way.

SPEEDO CABLE: It looks like you need to do like we did... loosen up and rotate that plastic ring hose router thingie on the bike, and spin it forward so the cable goes outside of the handguards. Something like this, maybe:

Name:  04d43b95.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  70.1 KB

The clutch cable willl rub against the bracket of the handguards but you can just wrap it with tape like you did with that other one. That's what I did.

Although, if you went with a taller bar, you're definately gonna have to play with cable routing a bit, especially with those handguards.

Quick Reply: Calling all Tusk D-Flex owners