Calling 09 owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Calling 09 owners

I contacted IMS,Acerbis and Clarke about making a bigger gas tank for the 09.Both IMS and Acerbis said they had no plans for producing one. The guy at Clarke said that they may consider it. If your interested in a larger tank (even if you aren't it would be great if ya'll would help out those of us that do) email Clake and let them know. The more people that want one the better the chance of them making one.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

alreadly tryed, just buy the ims tank and make it work. dont get the acerbis, fits better than ims but may brake the radiator mounts.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

From the pictures I've seen on other posts there is a kinda of funky gap between the tank and the seat and shrouds, that may have been the Acerbis tank though. My bike is the red one as well. I'd sure like to have a turn key operation that looks and fits well. Maybe if there is enough demand they might come around. Can you post some pictures of your install ?

Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I built a rack for my 09 and found a niffty TBag that fits great and I found some really cool 1 qt. fuel bottles at a army surplus store. The are aluminum and made for holding fuel. They fit in my TBAG along with my tools water and other nick knaks. Now I always have a half gallon of gas if I need it sometime.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by roadglider
The guy at Clarke said that they may consider it. If your interested in a larger tank (even if you aren't it would be great if ya'll would help out those of us that do) email Clake and let them know. The more people that want one the better the chance of them making one.
I wrote Chris, at Clarke Mfg., last summer and offered him my 09 to mach up. He said at that time that they had no intention of building a tank for that bike. I can call them again and ask. They are only 20 miles from me.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Please do. I called in back in October. The people at IMS and Acerbis said the weren't going to make one. Whoever I spoke to at Clarke said they might think about it, but I must admit he didn't sound to enthusiastic, but at least it wasn't a definate no. I pretty much gave up on it. I don't know how many 09KLX owners there are out there that want one of these, but if the folks at Clarke knew there was a market who knows maybe they change their minds. For now it looks like Al bottles.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I'd be interested in a clarke tank for the wifes 09. I emailed them also but no response back, but that was quite awhile ago.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I can personally vouche for 2 sales immediately. I would like to maybe gather some numbers for these folks at Clarke to further entice them to thinking it would be worth their while. Maybe we can get a rough tally together of how many we can sell for them, such as a group sale (with a discounted price???) and I will GO personally VISIT them.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

When the 08 husqvarna came out the sponsor of the larger capacity IMS tank had to pony up the dough for 100 units. Its all about money....how many want a larger tank?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by roadglider
Please do. I called in back in October. The people at IMS and Acerbis said the weren't going to make one. Whoever I spoke to at Clarke said they might think about it, but I must admit he didn't sound to enthusiastic, but at least it wasn't a definate no. I pretty much gave up on it. I don't know how many 09KLX owners there are out there that want one of these, but if the folks at Clarke knew there was a market who knows maybe they change their minds. For now it looks like Al bottles.
Call em back and ask how much it will cost before they will start, and see if we can't get the ball rolling...maybe we could start an "09 tank fund." The mod (Deej) could monitor it so we aren't getting ripped off. Just throwing around some ideas...

Quick Reply: Calling 09 owners