Called on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Called on my bike

Since I had my camshaft replaced and we have read about some of the other guys having a few problems, what do you guys think about the 4 year extended warranty? I remember when I told everyone here that I bought it with the bike, and almost everyone said it was a waste of money. Hmmmmmm not so much of a waste now huh?[sm=shootshoot.gif] Just messing with everyone, but I have always been the kind of person that wants protection. Just like the fact that Motorcycle insurance is not required here in Washington State, and yet I went out and got $300,000 just in case I fly though a window, into a car, or hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk. It's all about covering the risks that are out there. But only time will tell if my 4year extended warranty, (which just kicked in last week) will have been the right choice, and even if I don't need anything in the next 4 years, the piece of mind I have from knowing that I am "covered" is well worth the money.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Well, technically deej, your camshaft was covered by your normal 1 year warranty included in the normal purchase, not the extended, so you haven't gotten anything from your extended warranty yet.

I also think that is the case with sullydirt's bike, and even EMS's bike.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i think i am going to call kawasaki and talk to someone from thier "consumer report' dept... i am so frustrated and pissed, about this, especially missing alot of awsome riding weather... [:'(][:'(]

Old 11-28-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

There is something about "time lost" in their warranty statements, basically states they don't care how much time you lost from the bike so long as it is fixed eventually................that's if I interpreted it right.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Call Kawsaki customer service and plain bitcj and whine how your dealer is swimming in quicksand with the repair and not to mention with the price of gas these days and having drive and pick up you wife from work becuase the bike was your tranportation and now have to share one car and raising the kids and the sense of loss looking at the garage empty space and reading the ride reports and feeling frustrated and wondering if somebody actually cares about you the consumer who bought their product becuase you know kawi stands by their stuff. Said
done

Ok

I feel better man its not even my bike I cant remember when was the last time that he actually rode the bike.

Good luck man Hope you get it back soon.

Francis
Sand junkie
From
Sanford
Florida

Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats one thing that i am kinda grateful for, last time i rode it was with scott from thumpertalk.com, on oct 21 when we rode the hare scramble course. at least the last time i rode i had a blast....

Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

thats one thing that i am kinda grateful for, last time i rode it was with scott from thumpertalk.com, on oct 21 when we rode the hare scramble course. at least the last time i rode i had a blast....

And you know what?

The very next time you ride you will also have a blast!

Man, I know it kind of sucks not to have a bike to ride. If I was in your position, I would not be happy either. However, warranty work does take time as Kawasaki is just trying to make sure it's legit! I'm sure there have been abuses in the past and they're just trying to make sure it is a valid repair.

I feel your pain!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:27 PM

Eric,

I hate to even bring this up, but what is going on with your bike at the shop? I can't imagine that they are still waiting on parts. They could have mined the ore & made the metal and fabricated whatever parts they need by now.

What are they telling you at this point?

Old 12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

says he was still waiting on parts, kawi said they were supposed to be there last week, i think im gonna call again today.... i dont know but i thaught valve shims were easy to come by....

cwgoff did you get my last pm? about the tour?

Old 12-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

He's only waiting on valve shims? Dang, I thought they were waiting on something more exotic like that counter-balance gear. That makes it even worse if it's just shims they are waiting on. I have a whole box of Hot-Cams shims in a variety of sizes I got off e-bay. Tell them to check e-bay - they may get faster turn-around.

I hope they get her up and running for you soon - I'm painfully aware of what it's like to be sidelined for a long stretch. No fun.

Quick Reply: Called on my bike