Called on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Called on my bike

my throttle was sticking too.. because i cut the end of the grip off to install the handguards, and i laid it down in the mud, and water and crap got in the throttle where it rotates, so i just sprayed wd 40 in there and its fine now... what would a bigger sprocket have to do with your rear brake not working?

Old 11-18-2006, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

what would a bigger sprocket have to do with your rear brake not working?
Might be something slightly off when reassembling it?

Old 11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

well i called again...... he has the motor put back together, and is still waiting on that part, it was backordered for 2 weeks so its been about a week, so it will still be another week at least before i get it back, then he has to address the not running right issue... kinda funny how i win BOTM this month and my bike is in the shop the whole month.....

Old 11-22-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Hang in there man, You will be SOOOOOOOOOO happy once its up and running....

Old 11-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea, and then i cant ride it cause its too cold.......[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

im about to just sell the god damn thing,,, im so pissed.... i wrote kawasaki a report, on their site they have a consumer report part, wrote them about the whole thing, and how im only 23 and there will be many bikes in my future, and kawi's may not be.... and word of mouth is very strong,,, and things like that... so we will see if i get any response, i should call the number and talk to someone about it too.... im not mad at the dealer they havent done anything wrong, i made at kawi and the bike... i know im gonna get screwed when the warranty runs out... might just sell it then... who knows....

Old 11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

why would you say that you cant ride it because its too cold... Your in PENN right??

My buddies and I ride in south jersey fire roads (and others....) almost all year long.. just put on some more cloths (long johns and windproofing), wear winter gloves, and get a street helmet that is closed /sealed and have a blast!!

as long as theres no snow on the ground we are out riding...

Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear your bike is still in the shop EMS. You've been without a bike almost as long as I was with my broken collar bone, which I know sux. At least my hiatus was self induced so I had no one to blame but myself. I think it's harder to be patient when you are not at fault. [&:]

One thing on the oil starvation, if that is what it was - I did two cylinder / piston replacements on my bike, first the 300cc and then later the 331cc. In both cases I was pretty paranoid about a bit of gasket material, sliver of paper towel, or whatever falling into the engine unnoticed and possibly ending up blocking an oil passage. After hearing about sullydirt's troubles, I got really paranoid and removed the valve cover and did an inspection. If you are at all unsure, you can do this and remove the bolt from the silver oil tube that runs from down near the starter motor up to the head on the left side. Be careful as there are two copper gaskets on either side of the oil tube end. Take out the bolt, keep pressure on the tube end against the engine so that the inside copper gasket stays in place. Then, use a simple oil can trigger oiler filled with the same oil you have in your engine, and slowly squirt several drops into the opening - you should see them flow down into the tube and there they drain into the crankcase. If that happens, you know the oil tube passage from the crankcase is clear.

Then, press the end of the oil can tight up against the opening so it doesn't leak out and pump the can several times. After a few pumps, you should see the oil start dripping out of the cam bracket and oil drops drip out over top of the cam lobes. If that happens, you know the oil passages from the head up through the cam bracket are clear.

Doing this gave me a better feeling that my oil passages weren't blocked and I rest a little easier now. Of course, if the oil pump fails, there will be nothing to pump the oil through those passages, but hopefully oil pump failure is not very common. I think it is a pretty simple mechanism that is gear driven off the main drive which one would think would have a very low failure rate.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer
why would you say that you cant ride it because its too cold... Your in PENN right??

My buddies and I ride in south jersey fire roads (and others....) almost all year long.. just put on some more cloths (long johns and windproofing), wear winter gloves, and get a street helmet that is closed /sealed and have a blast!!

Heck yeah, man. I'm in NC now, but I grew up in WV. We got some pretty big snows and it was always a blast to get out there and slip and slide around. I'm actually HOPING for a good snow here, we do occasionally get them in NC though not very often. In 2000, we got dumped on with 2 ft of snow down here and wow what a blast. Everything was closed down here for a week since all three snow plows in NC were over booked, even once they found someone who knew how to drive them

Just bundle up and take it easy and you might not want to splash through the water so much like in your BOM photo. There's still a lot of fun to be had, though.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

Heck yeah, man. I'm in NC now, but I grew up in WV. We got some pretty big snows and it was always a blast to get out there and slip and slide around. I'm actually HOPING for a good snow here, we do occasionally get them in NC though not very often. In 2000, we got dumped on with 2 ft of snow down here and wow what a blast. Everything was closed down here for a week since all three snow plows in NC were over booked, even once they found someone who knew how to drive them

Just bundle up and take it easy and you might not want to splash through the water so much like in your BOM photo. There's still a lot of fun to be had, though.
Hey, will you guys highjack this thread in another direction and change the subject ... you're depressing me!

We get dumped on with 2 ft. of snow about every other week, and pretty soon my front yard looks like this:

You'd think that with this much snow all the time, that everyone around here knows how to drive in it, right? That would be an invalid assumption. I still might try and venture out into the white stuff on 2 wheels, though ... just to see what its like.

Quick Reply: Called on my bike