Called on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Called on my bike

Well i decided to call the shop again today, it has been a week since i have talked to them. The mechanic said that he got all the parts this morning, except the shim for the valves, its back ordered.... maybe its a special size or something, because i thaught most dealers would just have a shim kit with a ton of different shims... o well... anyway he said that he will be able to put the bottom end back together and by the time he gets the bottom end, the cylinder and the head back on the backordered part will probably show up... so im thinking my guess of hopefully having it back on friday is wrong.... so im thinking maybe monday or tuesday. [:@][>:] So far my bike has been in the shop for 4 1/2 weeks, how ever long it will be in there next week will just add to that[:@] Man it pisses me off, one of the main reasons i bought a new bike is so i wouldnt have problems.... and what do i have... and waht makes me even more frustrated is that out of all the bikes on this site and that kawi has sold why does it seem like mine has had the most problems....Good news is that i found a good shop, and he is going to inspect it even though the rear blinkers are technically illegal... so hes a cool guy... but... thats the latest on my bike, we will see what it sounds like when he gets it all back together.... hopefully quiet... please be quiet....(as i pray to the bike god)

Old 11-15-2006, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Called on my bike

I hear ya, I'd be a little peeved too. But if it makes you feel any better I just bought a bike carrier so I could easily transport my bike to the steelership tomorrow because my stator or voltage regulator stoped charging, [:@] and the bike is still covered by warranty. This is the third time I had an issue with the e-start, thank goodness I was on pavement this time. BTW the bike is easy to push start on asphalt. I am ordering the kickstart kit tomorrow.... gotta have a backup to start this bike when I'm by myself out in the sand.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry I haven't read through all of your troubles you are having, but I would look into lemon laws for your state and kawasaki's policy on it. Not the thing you probably want to hear but somethings are just lemons, and you may have one. Good luck on the bike though.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well i hope you get it back running good. it better for as long as they have had it. you might want to check out the lemon law thing till then, like 2k1 said. good luck bro.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I hope you get it back soon EMS, and running perfect. I called about mine yesterday and I'm still waiting for the service manager to call back......

It's been in the shop for three weeks, one day and counting.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

it really sucks having your bike in the shop that long.... im right behind ya, i dropped mine of on Oct 30... , hopefully that backordered part is fast!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I havent been on the board in a while so I havent kept up with all the news. I was wondering if EMS and Sullydirt could give me the Cliff notes version of what been going on with your guys bikes Or point me to the posts that talk about it.

Last I heard EMS was having noise issues that seemed to be the compression release on the cam and that was getting replaced and Sullydirt I havent heard about at all. Bring me up to speed guys, whats going on............

LV

Old 11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

well i took mine back in after the compression release was replaced because it was still makin alot of noise, he ripped it apart and found a split gear and a missing spring thats supposed to put a preload on that gear that was split, and he has been waiting on the parts for a week, and he is finally going to be able to start to get my motor back together... the whole motor had to be taken apart to get to this gear...

Old 11-17-2006, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I also had some engine noise (tapping), after hearing my noise next to Jellyfish's bike (his had 300 miles at the time), I discounted the noise as common for this engine. A few weeks ago I was riding in Ocala, about an hour from home. My tapping became worse, followed by a snap and the engine quit. The gear on my intake cam had come off and the timing chain along with it. I'm still unsure of any other damage. The dealer has had the bike for three weeks. I did get a call this evening from one of the techs, he said it was definately mechanical failure, it shouldn't have happened and Kawasaki will pay all parts and labor to fix it. They have all the parts on order and I should have it back by the end of next week.

I mentioned previously that I am still happy with this bike, and I am now happy to see that Kawasaki is standing behind it. As far as I know my problems have nothing to do with the compression release. I was hoping to speak to the master tech today to find out more, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

I hope the problems I had along with EMS and Deej are isolated. They all seem to be different issues. The one thing that EMS and I both encountered was high oil consumption prior to our problems.

EMS, I'm curious if you have negotiated an extended warranty due to your problems. I'm going to ask them to extend mine (at least the engine) for one year.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

sullydirt, when i go pick my bike up i am going to really push the extended warranty... but it wont be the shops call, it will be kawi's call... so ill see if i can talk the mechanic there to talk to kawi about it...

i also have to still address the issue with using oil, and not running/idling correctly when i took it in, so there is still some things i have to talk to him about.

Quick Reply: Called on my bike