Buying the service manuals

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Buying the service manuals

Ok, I got about 250 miles on the Klx so far and my plan is to do All the mods at the 600 mile mark as far as freebies and exhaust and jetting. Anyway I guess its time I start thinking of getting some manuals. I notice on kawi's site they only list the Service Manual Supplement for the Klx250. Part Number #99924-1240-56 for 31.95.

Well If thats just a Supplement then What Service Manual do I need for the bike. Do they make one specifically for our model of bike or do I order one for just a 06 klx250. Anybody know or better yet got a Part Number to go along with the Supplement part number #.

Also are the Manuals Any Good and how much is it going to cost me. I heard that Kawi's Service manuals are Not the Best Compared to say my Harley Service Manuals. And what about a Clymers or something else besides the service manual.

Finally I have noticed that the bike is Sold as a Klx250S and yet my paperwork and other things show it as a Klx250H. Which is it and why the Different Desginations. Seems confusing to me.

Anyway looking to buy the manuals now I need your guys help to know which ones to buy.

Thanks...

LV

Old 08-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Buying the service manuals

The main manual is for the "KLX250R". The part number on mine is 99924-1165-03. The supplement covers differences between the R and the S. There's not a huge amount of differences but it's probably work getting regardless as there are a few important differences and torque values listed in the supplement that don't apply to the KLX250R as well as updated schematics for the KXL250S. The supplement by itself won't do much good, though, so definitely get both. BTW, the dealer only charged me $18 for the supplement. I paid for it, then they ordered it and it came in a week or so later.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

The main manual is for the "KLX250R". The part number on mine is 99924-1165-03. The supplement covers differences between the R and the S. There's not a huge amount of differences but it's probably work getting regardless as there are a few important differences and torque values listed in the supplement that don't apply to the KLX250R as well as updated schematics for the KXL250S. The supplement by itself won't do much good, though, so definitely get both. BTW, the dealer only charged me $18 for the supplement. I paid for it, then they ordered it and it came in a week or so later.

Ok sounds good. Looking on Kawi's site though I'm seeing a discrepancy in the part numbers of the Supplement manual. Under the Manuals tab it shows a Supplement of Part number 99924-1240-56. But if you look under publications in the parts diagram they list a part number of 99924-1240-55. What number does your supplement have. I'm thinking maybe its a Typo But seems I was on the klx250s page one day and saw Two supplements listed. When I looked again a few days later I just saw One. Hmmmm.

I'm also seeing a 3rd manual refered to as a A & P manual, Part number 99931-1458-01. Any idea what this is. This is also listed in publications in the part diagram. Anybody got This Manual. You got the supplement for 18 huh. Nice, How much was your manual. Guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and call Kawasaki. Thanks NB...

LV

Old 08-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got lucky on the manual and found one on e-bay. The part number on my supplement is 99924-1240-55. It may be that the -56 part you are showing is the correct part , but just a newer revision perhaps with some corrections or updates? The title on my supplement is: "KLX250 D-TRACKER, Motorcycle Service Manual Supplement".

Old 08-21-2006, 06:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I made the dealer throw both the service manuals in, when I bought my bike.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:36 AM

Mr. Lord Vinegar,

I am in your boat...I have the "supplement" but am wondering what the main manual is...if you find out, please update this thread, thanks!

Old 08-21-2006, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matt2496

Dam, Now why didnt I think of that. Nice move dude.

LV

Old 08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: charleshmosesii

Mr. Lord Vinegar,

I am in your boat...I have the "supplement" but am wondering what the main manual is...if you find out, please update this thread, thanks!

Well my research has shown that no brakes is right on the main manual part number. It's 99924-1165-03 and is pretty much for a 96 klx250R. After my posts yesterday I actually found one on ebay last night that was closing. Suppose to be in like new condition and I was able to get it for 31.05. Not the best deal but not 50+ bucks either. Still have the supplement to buy yet though. On another notes I got a bonus coming up Sept 15th and will be looking to invest in my exhaust at that point. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to go with a Big Gun Evo X.

On a side note to you and everybody else. My handle is Not Lord Vinegar Or Lord Vinager. Only people that are pissed off at me use those terms. in Future posts Please refer to me as LV Or Lord Venger.

Thanks

LV

Old 08-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i have both manuals,,,, if anyone has any specific questions.....

Old 08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

ORIGINAL: matt2496

Dam, Now why didnt I think of that. Nice move dude.

LV
Well I got the dealer to throw in a helmet and two hats, but I would like to get the books someday.

Quick Reply: Buying the service manuals