BUT what about the FMF slipon pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:24 AM
Default RE: BUT what about the FMF slipon pipe

I spoke with HMF today and the slip-on costs 239.99 and it does include spark arrest but no silencer. Silencer is an additional 20.00, but the pipes are a month out. If you were to order one you would not see for at least a month. Does anybody know how they compare to the Big Gun and Muzzy? Thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

If thats the case I would think you could just drill out the rivets and then once the can is repacked you could just re-rivet it back together. rivet gun and rivets are pretty cheap. Or maybe replace the rivets with sheet metal screws. My 2 cents

LV

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

On the main page of their forum they have a store front link and you can order from there. Last I knew they were around $230. Sidenote, they use rivets to hold the can together so it has to be sent back when its time for it to be repacked.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

So I'm starting to think about exhausts and Ive seen most of the posts about the muzzy and big guns but I'm wondering about the FMF slip on exhaust.

You see I had a Suzuki dr250s a few years ago and I had the Big gun race system on it. Nice system but like the first day I had it my dress pant leg Burned on that nice headpipe and stained it. Never did get it off.

So this time I'm thinking of just going with a slip on because I actually like the stock headpipe and guard on the Klx and because I want to save some bucks if possible so I have been thinking about the FMF muffler. Seems with the quit core this muffler is as quiet as the stock one but still makes the power needed for this bike. My Harley is loud enough and I would like to have the Klx not real loud. Also is there Any Real Benifit of going with a custom head pipe over the stock one.

Your thoughts on the FMF slipon please, Especially if you actually have one installed. Thanks...

LV

I ordered the FMF slipon and it was too short and the diameter was too big to connect to the stock head pipe, it bolts up fine to the frame. I though about trying to have a muffler shop make an adapter but sent it back for a refund. The only systems that I know of that will fit is the Muzzy and Big Gun. I have a Muzzy on order and will hopefully receive it next week. Both pipes are hard to come by, Muzzy and Big Gun just finished a batch and are filling their back orders, if you want one I would start calling now and make sure they have it in stock, no a back order.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I think Incabiker picked up a White Brothers exhaust and had no trouble fitting. I don't know what model he got though. I think any full exhaust that fits the KLX300 will fit our KLX250S due to the similarities between the two. It's the slip-ons that have trouble because of the header pipe differences between the KLX300 and the KLX250S. I think one of the more economical pipe upgrades is putting a KLX300 exhaust onto our KLX250S.