Broken weld on Kickstand, Happen to anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Frame Issue that concerns 2007 KLX250S

Originally Posted by redpillar
IT is on this site somewhere and posted in the last month or so. Search it out
You may be thinking of my post (with the name in the title above), if so then you can do a search (cut & paste in the search window) to see if that's what you remember. That's the only one that I can recall having to do with welds. Sorry to hear that you have issues with your 2009 KLX 250S.

Best regards,

Old 10-27-2008, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Update: The dealer picked the bike up on Saturday Morning, and showed the broken weld to the service rep. Also pointed out another weld on the swing arm which appeared to be pitted near the frame. He said he would point it out to the service manager. The Service manager called me about a hour later and said they are contacting Kawasaki on Tuesday to see how they want to proceed. Advised me he would know more on Tuesday and let me know. The other weld was on the swing arm near the kickstand area. Sorry no pics. Will let you know what Kawasaki decides when I find out.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I posted the previous comment on having a 2009 with a failed weld on the Kick Stand mounting tab, in the 'How Many Miles On Your 250s?' thread: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ight=CRT_Leech

I'm still waiting for notification on receipt of the frame.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

CRT - now that I read your thread, the weld on mine was still attached, but the frame part broke away from the weld. I will be interested to see what they do with mine. I have 300 miles on the bike, and I'm not interested in waiting forever while they figure it out. I think a new replacement bike is in order. why should I have to be punished of not riding because of their failure.
Guess I will see soon enough what they will do. I'm pushing for a new replacement bike.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by k9cali
CRT - now that I read your thread, the weld on mine was still attached, but the frame part broke away from the weld. I will be interested to see what they do with mine. I have 300 miles on the bike, and I'm not interested in waiting forever while they figure it out. I think a new replacement bike is in order. why should I have to be punished of not riding because of their failure.
Guess I will see soon enough what they will do. I'm pushing for a new replacement bike.
I agree. I feel the same way. Even though I have just over 1200 miles or so, it's in almost new condition. I wish I would have noticed it sooner, they may have traded out the bike.

I've missed about three or four weekends worth of rides because of this and now my riding season is over until Spring. There should be some kind of recompense for lost usage, when it is obviously a factory defect.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member

youdathunkthat the factory would be looking at this if they have had just even one break... I guess the customer is not on there mind. I think that kawasaki needs to step up there performance. Since 08 all the concern is about cleaner and more efficiency. Well to me it should be about making the bike safe. A motorcycle falling on a small child is a bit of a concern. I think that the kickstand on all klx's are junk without mods. Mine wont stand up even on hard pavment with strong winds... Poor design

Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah they got it all wrong. its too short for the angle at which it sits. then when it folds up...instead of going upward at the same angle of the subframe it goes even with the swingarm and sticks way out. its like they did every single thing wrong possible.
________
Outdoor milf

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Update # 2

Yesterday 10/29/08 called the dealership in the morning as requested. Talked with the service manager who tells me that his guy is talking with Kawasaki as we speak and sending pictures of the weld broken away from the frame. Tells me he should have an answer in a hour. So the hour passes, actually 5 hours pass, no word from the dealership. So I call them up in the afternoon, and the service manager tells me that Kawasaki advised him they would have their answer by the end of the day and would call. As you can guess, I never heard from the dealership yesterday. I will see what happens today.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Update #3

Well I finally heard back from the dealer, he was told by Kawasaki that they will replace the frame. Alot of work, but if that is what they are going to do, its their money. I will be looking at the bike very closely whrn it gets back, anything wrong it is going back. The service manager said Kawasaki rarely replaces a bike.

We will see what happens

Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member

**** like that always seems to take forever. Bummer, I wonder how widespread this problem is. What is the serial number of your bike? Would be interesting to document this.

Quick Reply: Broken weld on Kickstand, Happen to anyone else?