Brightest Jacket available?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Brightest Jacket available?

Anybody know who makes the brightest/highest visibility riding jacket?? for <200.00 or so.
Neon, lime green, bright colors for best visibility?
Joe Rocket?

Thanks!!

Stashu

I was in a M/C accident "still a little skittish". Healing OK now, I went around the block 1st time since the accident. I already added a Headlight modulator .

2012 KLXs 250s

Old 06-17-2012, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I've got a Sonora Air, mfg by Tour Master in a bright neon yellow/green. It's got good protection in the right places including back. Ventilated for good air flow and has a wind/rain liner and a insulated liner that snap and zip into place quickly. Both can be used at the same time or just one. Lot's of pockets. Overall very versatile and highly visible. $197 @ Motorcycle Superstore. No complaints! BTW: I had ordered the Joe Rocket 5.0 jacket at the same time, nice but no comparison in features & protection to the Sonora. Sent back the Joe Rocket!

Last edited by ShadetreeAZ; 06-17-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Add comment.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

This is my next jacket for sure. Its got all the same features as my current black fieldsheer jacket but in a color that gives me a fighting chance to be seen. Although I've been told that the PIAA lights on my bike make me highly visable. In fact I've had people in the middle of the sunny day flash me for bright lights. Screw them!!! Thats the point.

Amazon Amazon

Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Get one with as much retro-reflective material and yellow as possible. My MSF instructor recommended Olympia.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
This is my next jacket for sure. Its got all the same features as my current black fieldsheer jacket but in a color that gives me a fighting chance to be seen. Although I've been told that the PIAA lights on my bike make highly visable. In fact I've had people in the middle of the sunny day flash me for bright lights. Screw them!!! Thats the point.

Amazon.com: Tour Master Transition Series 3 Men's Textile Cruiser Motorcycle Jacket w/ Free B&F Heart Sticker Bundle - Hi-Vis Yellow/Black / 2X-Large: Automotive

That's what I have, and people still do stupid **** around me.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

FWIW, you can also buy aftermarket fluorescent/reflective striping, very similar to what the fire department guys have on many of their suits. Check out the safety supply houses for reflective belts; i.e. public service and/or airport required. Wear 'em as is, or stitch a stripe or two on arms and waist. Sometimes it's the oddball stuff that gets attention instead of a solid bright color.....

Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
FWIW, you can also buy aftermarket fluorescent/reflective striping, very similar to what the fire department guys have on many of their suits. Check out the safety supply houses for reflective belts; i.e. public service and/or airport required. Wear 'em as is, or stitch a stripe or two on arms and waist. Sometimes it's the oddball stuff that gets attention instead of a solid bright color.....
But that stuff doesn't really work in the day time, so what about a yellow jacket with reflective tape...."yeah thats the ticket......with flames shooting out of it" (old SNL reference) LOL

Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

OK, Jon Lovitz..... LOL.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

What you do is...get a Hi-Viz vest...then you can switch it from whatever coat/shirt...whatever...I have one..about $60

Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by azdeuce
What you do is...get a Hi-Viz vest...then you can switch it from whatever coat/shirt...whatever...I have one..about $60
Carhart baby!!!

Name:  IMG_0387.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  193.3 KB

Quick Reply: Brightest Jacket available?