Bought my hubby a full Muzzy for his 07 and he doesnt like it.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Trucks on our roads are louder and so are the jets belching out Avgas (put that in your carbon footprint bandwagon pipe and smoke it. At least it will burn well) that arrive and exit our international airport at all hours of the day. Compared to that crap my bike is a fully paid up member of Greenpeace, noise/pollution warts and all. I've got ya back there Deej.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Now whose gonna ban golf? Those guys are makin' way more noise than any nof us. That's more than 130 dB!

Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

You know what's funny...I find good points in all of the posts here, and I kind of did take it too personally. Sorry guys, didn't mean to start a pipe war. I'm just glad I live in a small town where nobody has complained. All of the cops here have seen and heard me going through town, in fact yesterday there were 2 of them in their cars as I came around a corner and opened up the throttle. They both had their windows down, and if I was too loud they would have said something since these guys are always hassling the kids around here for no apparent reason.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Or maybe they just felt sorry for an old dude on a bike living out his mid life crisis.....

Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 AM
1st Gear Member

No personal attacks in what I read. All I say is when we can no longer ride off road because of noise and erosion problems the problem will be solved ... permanently.

Also if you think loud = performance I suggest you take a ride on the stock KLX450

Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Just installed the Two Brothers slip-on, and Yowza it's loud. In 6th gear about 55mph or 5000 rpm it's tolerable, but at 6000rpm's you better be wearing ear plugs, especially for long rides. It's kinda fun, I got a feeling my gas mileage is going to suffer though, cuz now I'm constantly blipping the throttle at stop lights, and gassing it a little harder than I did with the stock pipe. Definitely adds to the fun factor though and the pops under deceleration are delightful. Good thing is I didn't do any rejetting, so if I plan a longer trip, I can quickly put the stocker back on.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gr8stdane
Just installed the Two Brothers slip-on, and Yowza it's loud. In 6th gear about 55mph or 5000 rpm it's tolerable, but at 6000rpm's you better be wearing ear plugs, especially for long rides. It's kinda fun, I got a feeling my gas mileage is going to suffer though, cuz now I'm constantly blipping the throttle at stop lights, and gassing it a little harder than I did with the stock pipe. Definitely adds to the fun factor though and the pops under deceleration are delightful. Good thing is I didn't do any rejetting, so if I plan a longer trip, I can quickly put the stocker back on.
You'll want to rejet, especially if your bike is a stock USA spec ride.
Pipe rocks though eh!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

My muzzy is what made me love my bike even more!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 AM
1st Gear Member

yea all these pipes are pretty loud,idk where the term "quiet core" comes from!..lol...I find myself not reving as much since i put mine on,the low end power gain amazed me,you should rejet though,i'm going mild with mine,you can still use the stock pipe if you do,just bore a half inch hole in the last baffle plate.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I might venture to say you might have even lost power there. The bike is super lean stock and you just made it leaner. Rejetting is a must if you replace the pipes.

Quick Reply: Bought my hubby a full Muzzy for his 07 and he doesnt like it.....