Bought my hubby a full Muzzy for his 07 and he doesnt like it.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
I'm surprised by you deej repeating that crap "loud pipes save lives"

Really?.........Really! Well it works for me. If people can hear me before they see me, then they might not run me over.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow! What's with the Deej hatin this morning?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:28 PM

Thanks for all the input. We went and bought the quiet core last night, went to install it and it came from muzzy already installed.... So, money back in my pocket I guess. Good, thing, as he was looking hard at trading it in on the 09 last night! Wheew, dodged that bullet I would much rather pay for the mods! I also got him a 13t front sprocket but I didnt get one for the rear, is that going to be a problem or can he add that later? Also, I will search for the "free" mods, he hasnt done anything else yet, just the muzzy and the 128 jet...

Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes the 45 tooth that I put on the back requires a new chain. Let him try the 13 tooth first and see if that's enough. Have fun.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

The 09 is the quietest of the mufflers. The round Muzzy is rated at a certain dB and for the new 09 oval Muzzy's has claimed it is even quieter than the round one. By default that is quieter than all the other options. No one has done any tests but let's just say you missed the forum by a few months for a few expert opinions. It comes with the quiet core already installed. I don't know if the 07 muffler comes with it installed but it does make a difference.

Last edited by je2000; 06-19-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
I think you are going about this the wrong way.
Forget getting rid of the Muzzy, you need to marry me.
I have been waiting for a reply like that, since I saw the thread title, LOL

Old 06-20-2009, 02:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Really?.........Really! Well it works for me. If people can hear me before they see me, then they might not run me over.
And so can every sleeping person in every single house you pass, and every car driver not about to run you over. All of which bitch and moan about those menace bikes with the loud pipes and all of those people bitch and moan to the state officials to close down trails and crack down because of the noise.

Think about it...a louder horn and more attention on the road than a loud pipe and may just keep a few trails open for us and our kids in the future.

Just my two cents. (this is coming from someone who sold his Big Gun for a stock KLX300 pipe and who, until the last few years has ridden with loud pipes for 20 years. Times are changing and if we do not change on our own, we will be forced to change)

Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Wink

Well I love my 2-bros...no insert. It has scared off a few animals that might have otherwise run right in front of me. And I believe the louder sound also catches the attention of some of the other drivers on the road ahead of time before I have to jump on the pissy little horn after they have already pulled out in front of me! and besides...its still not nearly as loud as any of those Harley pipes....not even close! And loud bikes on the trails is even better than quiet....you probably know yourself that meeting another vehicle on a turn out in the middle of nowhere really sucks when you don't expect it!...but if they hear you, they move.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok look...before this turns into a deej is a careless loser that doesn't care about other people's quietness. Just let me re-phrase. My bike can be loud or not loud. When I got to work every morning, I can keep the throttle down and its no louder than my Dodge truck. Unless owning a diesel is irresponsible as well. And it certainly is not even 1/4 as loud as 4 stroke race bikes. So I feel pretty good about it, its there when you need it and you can tone it down all in the twist of the throttle.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree that the Muzzy is way too loud to ride wide open in your neighborhood. I do like Deej and keep it on the overrun in a high gear to quiet it down. I don't ride hiking trails but I am sure that hikers would have a fit if they heard a Muzzy at full scream. When I left work at midnight my buddy said he could hear me scream up the hill, jump the railroad tracks, make the turn, ride down to the light, make the right and then the sound would die off as I crested the hill almost TWO MILES AWAY. Riding forest sevice roads in the middle of nowhere, I love my Muzzy. However, it might be too antisocial for the riding YOU do. Think about it before you offend someone that matters. I can't believe that I've never been pulled over, the cops look and when they see it's a small bike they just figure I'm having to wind it up just to get going. But people on cell phones close their sunroof and windows when I pass them on the freeway.

Quick Reply: Bought my hubby a full Muzzy for his 07 and he doesnt like it.....