Bought a 300cc Jug off ebay....did I get the right one.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bought a 300cc Jug off ebay....did I get the right one.

Do I need any extra parts for this Mod. Heres a link to the ebay purchase..... this will work right? Suggestions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180026367594

Old 09-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Default RE: Bought a 300cc Jug off ebay....did I get the right one.

that is everything you need. i might take the cylinder to a machine shop and have them magnaflux it to check for cracks. that way you know its all good when you install it. its not very expensive to have done.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:02 PM

Are those parts brand new like they appear in the photo?

If that is the case, you have gotten a great deal.

Of course, there is a lot of tedious work involved in changing that out. If you want, I'll just take it off your hands.

Lots of pictures with those bikini clad young ladies while your doing the change out is a must! At the very least a request!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks great FM and fantastic price! You will LOVE it!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Are those parts brand new like they appear in the photo?
All parts are new except the cylinder, which came off a 03 KLX, seller claims it is in perfect condition.... my fingers are crossed. I got a friend of a friend that works at a bike machine shop so I plan on having him check it out. I assume I need to get the cylinder honed, or is there another process that needs to be done?

Old 09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Man, you lucked out... I was just looking yesterday on eBay for that and had no luck.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

All parts are new except the cylinder, which came off a 03 KLX, seller claims it is in perfect condition.... my fingers are crossed. I got a friend of a friend that works at a bike machine shop so I plan on having him check it out. I assume I need to get the cylinder honed, or is there another process that needs to be done?
If you can get it ball-honed you will be all set. Ball honing is a process by which the cylinder is roughed up a tiny amount - this is the cross-hatch pattern you hear references to and it is important to provide both the friction needed for ring seating as well as tiny pits to hold oil for lubrication. It is very slight and not very noticable. The device used looks like a bunch of small marble sized abrasive ***** in a cylindrical configuration. It is spun at high speed and plunged in and out of the cylinder for a short time, around 30 seconds or so. The result is the cross hatch pattern. A new cylinder from the factory has already been treated this way. When a cylinder is overbored, it needs this treatment. And it is probably good to do it on a used cylinder when new rings are installed. Your machine shop contact might be able to do it for you are recommend a local place to have it done. It should only take a few seconds.

If you want to see roughly what the pattern looks like, look at your brake rotors - it looks similar, very fine faint lines that you can see when the light is reflecting just right.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Nobrakes, Miss Rachel says thanks too.

Name:  ravens4.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  41.3 KB

No really; a hot, sweaty and close thanks.

Name:  rachrav1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  44.2 KB

Old 09-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

My pleasure ...

Old 09-14-2006, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep, you lucked out. If I had seen that I would have bid on it too probably. No brakes is right about the crosshatch pattern. Your machine shop friend should beable to take care of it for you Or you can just buy the hone from someone like napa and do it yourself. They usually just fit into a drill. Piece of cake. Let us know how it goes.

LV

Quick Reply: Bought a 300cc Jug off ebay....did I get the right one.