bought a 2010. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
ride it till you figure out what you would like to change. youll save money and be happier with the bike.
This.

So far I've only cut my tail, and got a Utah skid plate & some handguards. If you're carefull with a recip saw & take some time after that with some sandpaper, you can have your rear end looking pretty good (did I just say that?), pretty quick and for free.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. I don't know anything about the edge tail light, but welcome to the forums.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:34 AM
1st Gear Member

UPDATE:

Installed the acerbis hand guards yesterday. The bar end weights were a pain! Seems like the Dremmil tool with a stone on it was the best choice to grind out the welds. Took a bunch of cutting, repositioning and cussing but they're on there!

Need to drill and adjust the mixture screw! Really hard to start. Having to use the choke even when warm. It's way to lean from the factory. Think I'll order the "T" type screw and fix this problem for good.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tngw1500se
UPDATE:

Installed the acerbis hand guards yesterday. The bar end weights were a pain! Seems like the Dremmil tool with a stone on it was the best choice to grind out the welds. Took a bunch of cutting, repositioning and cussing but they're on there!

Need to drill and adjust the mixture screw! Really hard to start. Having to use the choke even when warm. It's way to lean from the factory. Think I'll order the "T" type screw and fix this problem for good.
Probably need more than just a mixure screw adjustment...probably need to at least change the snorkle to the 200KDX unit, and re-jet. Probably. Have fun tinkering!

Old 10-30-2010, 03:54 PM
1st Gear Member

UPDATE: Heated Gerbings jacket wiring installed and (don't laugh) windshield installed. Windshield, Handguards and a heated jacket, make things much warmer at 60MPH. Remember, this is the my wife's bike. Have to keep those babies warm! Windshield cost 4 bucks at home depot. Already had the heat gun. If she's to cold, she's not going to ride.

Adjusted brake and clutch lever for hours. Kind of like when she has you hold a picture up on the wall:

"Up a little"
"To the left a bid"
"Just a smidge to the right"
"Back to the left"
"Flip it over"
ETC!

The whole time you're holding the hammer and nail wondering if it's ever going to be needed:

You know the type! Anyway...... They're adjusted. For now!

Saddlebags reinstalled. Put saddlebags straps under seat. Much cleaner look without the straps on top of the seat and harder to steal.

Next on my list is a switch to kill the headlight on the trails and some pink stripes and pink fox decals.

Postponing the carb work because I just don't want to screw with it yet

Think I'll just tell not to shut it off at the bottom of the hill in case it's hard to start again. We really don't need starters in Tennessee anyway!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tngw1500se
Have to keep those babies warm!
Good one!