Bleeding Front Brake Line Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bleeding Front Brake Line Help

Hi everyone,
Ive got a new replacement brake line from kawi, the one that goes to the caliber next to the forks. Is there any special way to bleed the darn thing? Me and a couple buddies been trying at it for two days. Checked and rechecked the fittings, took apart the top end where you put the oil in cleaned that out and still cant get the bugger to bleed or build pressure. [:@][:@][:@][:@]

When we go to bleed it takes a few mins for the fluid to come down, crack the bleeder open a few times some air and fluid then just fluid and cant get it to build pressure. Its really taking a number on our heads trying to figure this one out?[:@]

Maybe its time to breakdown and buy all 3 manuals needed to work on this toy. When is kawi gonna brake down and make everything in one book frickin ridiculous!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bleeding Front Brake Line Help

I did a search under "bleeding" and found this recent thread. As a reminder to all, the search feature can save having to wait, and sometimes people don't want to post again. Anyway here it is, I hope it helps.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_164539/tm.htm

Old 08-03-2007, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I have bleed hundreds of different bikes I just put new braided lines on my Harley which had 3 front lines..... You don't use any of the bleeders its done by just pumping the hand lever slowly you will start to see air coming up through one of the holes in the master cyl...... as you doing this the fluid might need to be added you can tap on the line at times with a wench but might not be needed. You can't do a car this way but you can a bike as you do this you will see the best way to pump the lever to get the most air out..... what happens is the air comes up to the top past the fluid do not try to pump it down to the bleeder it works great .......

Old 08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I use a Snap On power bleeder, And always pull from the bleeder. After its bleed a good old motocross trick is to zip ty the front brake lever closed to the handlebar overnight this will pull the rest of the air out and you will have nice feeling front brakes the next day.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kgwld1

Well I use a Snap On power bleeder, And always pull from the bleeder. After its bleed a good old motocross trick is to zip ty the front brake lever closed to the handlebar overnight this will pull the rest of the air out and you will have nice feeling front brakes the next day.
Good old motocross know how, cool. Hey when are we going to see pics of this 94 Firebird 1340 rwhp!!!!!!!!? [sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Here it is sleeping!