Bill Blue Skidplate and custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bill Blue Skidplate and custom exhaust

Bill Blue and I spoke tonite and decided to bring the skidplate for the KLX250's back into production, I'm going to fab up the first 6 plates to get it rolling. I''l start on them Sunday. There have been a number of customers requesting them.
Bill is now selling his own design performance pipe for these bikes, and has all the information about using the pipe with the 351 and the big bore carb, etc. It's made in Texas by BARKER to Bill's design. Very nice quality item. They have a spark arrestor screen and a fine machined alloy end cap

I'm going to get pictures up on the webpage this weekend for the skidplate and hopefully on the pipe soon after. Bill wants pics of the kits alone, and pics then installed on the bike.

Skidplate I will do fabbed of 1/8" aircraft grade aluminum sheet, formed and aircraft certified welded, it will come with the bracket and the bolts needed .
Price will be on the website; off the top of my head, the price is $159
The pipe kit retails for $615 and Bill is selling them at about $565.
Like I say, pics and info will be over on Bill's website this weekend.
Home Page

Thanks,
Bake

Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Bake:
That's good news. I'll be interested to see how this exhaust performs, and sounds, compared to the other popular options. Also, I'll be doing a BB big bore this winter so looking forward.

Would you consider also making another run of the auxiliary tanks? I was right there for ordering one when production ceased.

Cheers!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

IDRIDR, look into one of these. Big diff on my bike.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

turnsleft, Scott already has a 3.7 Acerbis tank. Why would he want the IMS peanut tank?

LOL!... Now I'm totally joking, of course. I think Scott may want even more fuel with one of Bake's auxilary tanks that fits at the coolant tank location. Scott, what are trying to do? Ride from Idaho to the Arctic Circle on one fuel fillup?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Peanut Tank. Har har har. Don't need that thimble! I do think my box may have be a little bigger than yours https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...94/#post441939.

Trying to get 300+ mile range outa this thing. Right now, I'm commuting around and running the Acerbis dry to see what it takes to fill it (at 165 miles so far, with fuel to go...it's a beautiful thing). Last fill on an empty tank was close to 3.9 gal, but I'm not trusting the station pump so want to check. There's a lot of open, desolate desert in the SW Idaho / SE Oregon area that I want to dive into next year, preferably with some fumes to spare. Ultimately, I'd like to be carrying about 6+ gallons (Acerbis 3.7g, Bake 1.1g, Delo oil jug on the front fender 1g, 1 Primus bottle 1.5L, and another Primus bottle for stove fuel/emergency backup). Anyone in???

Last edited by IDRIDR; 09-15-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Almost $600 for an exhaust, it should be gold plated.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^ Agree..alot of $ for a pipe..and a skid plate

Old 09-16-2011, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Peanut Tank. Har har har. Don't need that thimble! I do think my box may have be a little bigger than yours https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...94/#post441939.

Trying to get 300+ mile range outa this thing. Right now, I'm commuting around and running the Acerbis dry to see what it takes to fill it (at 165 miles so far, with fuel to go...it's a beautiful thing). Last fill on an empty tank was close to 3.9 gal, but I'm not trusting the station pump so want to check. There's a lot of open, desolate desert in the SW Idaho / SE Oregon area that I want to dive into next year, preferably with some fumes to spare. Ultimately, I'd like to be carrying about 6+ gallons (Acerbis 3.7g, Bake 1.1g, Delo oil jug on the front fender 1g, 1 Primus bottle 1.5L, and another Primus bottle for stove fuel/emergency backup). Anyone in???
I'd like to see yer complete fuel step up. So far my fuel system is all stock but would love to upgrade my fuel tank and I didnt know there was an auxilarily tank available. I was thinkin of gettin those rotopax 1gal fuel cans and put them on my bike eventually. I want to hang a little closer on fuel fill ups with my cousins KLR650. He wouldnt like me too much havin to stop all the time on long trips!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bake
Bill Blue and I spoke tonite and decided to bring the skidplate for the KLX250's back into production, I'm going to fab up the first 6 plates to get it rolling. I''l start on them Sunday. There have been a number of customers requesting them.
Bill is now selling his own design performance pipe for these bikes, and has all the information about using the pipe with the 351 and the big bore carb, etc. It's made in Texas by BARKER to Bill's design. Very nice quality item. They have a spark arrestor screen and a fine machined alloy end cap

I'm going to get pictures up on the webpage this weekend for the skidplate and hopefully on the pipe soon after. Bill wants pics of the kits alone, and pics then installed on the bike.

Skidplate I will do fabbed of 1/8" aircraft grade aluminum sheet, formed and aircraft certified welded, it will come with the bracket and the bolts needed .
Price will be on the website; off the top of my head, the price is $159
The pipe kit retails for $615 and Bill is selling them at about $565.
Like I say, pics and info will be over on Bill's website this weekend.
Home Page

Thanks,
Bake
Do the skids have protection around the water pump? I want great protection and would be interested in a skid.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Bleedngreen68 here is my skidplate I got from Bill Blue:

Quick Reply: Bill Blue Skidplate and custom exhaust