Bill Blue payment

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bill Blue payment

Does anyone know if Bill takes payment by credit card. I have never purchased anything in my entire life over the internet. I'm really old school and don't beleive the internet is secure as what's being advertised. I'm sure in time this may be the only way to pay for things in the future. ( example bills ) The weather here in southern WI has been so nice, that I've got 55 miles on the bike this weekend and may speed up getting the big bore a few months. If I need to use paypal, which I know nothing about, how does that work. Do I have to pay a fee for using it?

Old 03-19-2012, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

the seller is charged a paypal fee...you can connect your credit card to paypal...

Old 03-19-2012, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

I did a postal money order. That may be his preferred method of payment, I can't remember for sure.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

PayPal is a very secure online method of payment. Many businesses small and large rely on PayPal as their payment processor. You will go to PayPal.com and create an account and then attach your credit card to your PayPal account. Bill Blue will provide you with his PayPal email address of which you will click the "Send Money" tab and then proceed to enter his email address and the amount of the payment you are sending him. The amount will be debited to your Credit Card via PayPal and then sent to Bill Blue instantaneously (in most cases). Bill is charged a 2.5% + $0.30 fee. You don't pay the fee(if I recall correctly). It is the sellers choice of whether or not he or the buyer pays the fee. PayPal is a safe, quick, and convenient way for online purchasing. You don't have anything to worry about.

Hope this helps! Hurry up and get the BB351 before we get into summer

Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
I did a postal money order. That may be his preferred method of payment, I can't remember for sure.
Thanks, never thought of that!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhoffy22
PayPal is a very secure online method of payment. Many businesses small and large rely on PayPal as their payment processor. You will go to PayPal.com and create an account and then attach your credit card to your PayPal account. Bill Blue will provide you with his PayPal email address of which you will click the "Send Money" tab and then proceed to enter his email address and the amount of the payment you are sending him. The amount will be debited to your Credit Card via PayPal and then sent to Bill Blue instantaneously (in most cases). Bill is charged a 2.5% + $0.30 fee. You don't pay the fee(if I recall correctly). It is the sellers choice of whether or not he or the buyer pays the fee. PayPal is a safe, quick, and convenient way for online purchasing. You don't have anything to worry about.

Hope this helps! Hurry up and get the BB351 before we get into summer
Thanks, I'll give this some thought.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I just paid Bill via paypal, call him for his paypal info. You have to add 3%, was less than $20, I didnt feel like taking the time to get a money order and then wait for the mail to arrive and the money order to clear.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2veedubs
I just paid Bill via paypal, call him for his paypal info. You have to add 3%, was less than $20, I didnt feel like taking the time to get a money order and then wait for the mail to arrive and the money order to clear.
What is the 3% for? Not that it's going to break me.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine
What is the 3% for? Not that it's going to break me.
PayPal fees for the transaction. Its pretty much the standard rate of processing an electronic fund transfer. Most of the time this is absorbed by the retailer but in cases of a small business like bill is running where the profit of selling the product is likely to be small, requesting the additional 3% offsets his cost of the EFT.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
1st Gear Member

You can also link your checking account to pay pal. The money for the transaction comes right out of your account. The fee to the seller is less if you use a checking account.
Check with the seller.
Have fun.

Quick Reply: Bill Blue payment