Bill Blue help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bill Blue help

I see on that site they have a model for the KLX300 and 250 up to 2006, does that one still require the extra bracket?

Old 11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats alot of money for something so small... i rode patricks bike for a little bit, and he has one on his and didnt notice any difference in the steering...... not worth it for me...

Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

To each his own, but riding for"a little bit" isn't whata stab is all about.They are more important if you have the long haul inmind. They lesson the effect of objects on the trail that tend to jolt your steering in one direction or the other. Over longer periods of time, they lessen fatigue and arm pump. That may not be a big deal for some people, but for others is might be important...'just sayin'

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Thats alot of money for something so small... i rode patricks bike for a little bit, and he has one on his and didnt notice any difference in the steering...... not worth it for me...

Old 11-16-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Tremor, for the research for the WER Stab. Monkeybutt has the Stab. for the klx250 in an off road version. $364.

What a dufus that responded to my email to the WER folks. [:@]They didn't even mention that they had a "dirt" model. Guess I'll never figure how some of these businesses survive!

Now I'll have to get back to Bill Blue to tell him that I won't need the adaptor after all since the WER folks have a complete kit for the KLX!! [sm=gobble.gif]

Old 11-16-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bill Blue help/ Dual Purpose Bikes

Since the KLX250 forum is intended for all riders with this bike, it seems appropriate for those who do dirt exclusively, (or slab riding exclusively), mention that fact when they are posting recommendations. Some issues are not compatible for dual uses. (Like the stabilizers that we have been discussing.)

Just a thought for the common good of us all....

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

I see on that site they have a model for the KLX300 and 250 up to 2006, does that one still require the extra bracket?

Old 11-17-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Careful,
Most places list that 'kit' for KLX250 94-96 and KLX300 97-2007. I have a feeling that their 'kit' will not fit the KLX250S without the some adapting because the headlight and mounts are different.

I would call Bill Blue first. He can probably get you the whole thing for a reasonable price...and you can be sure it will fit. There has got to be a reason why he's making the adapters and spacers for our bike.

ORIGINAL: 002197rp

Thanks, Tremor, for the research for the WER Stab. Monkeybutt has the Stab. for the klx250 in an off road version. $364.

What a dufus that responded to my email to the WER folks. [:@]They didn't even mention that they had a "dirt" model. Guess I'll never figure how some of these businesses survive!

Now I'll have to get back to Bill Blue to tell him that I won't need the adaptor after all since the WER folks have a complete kit for the KLX!! [sm=gobble.gif]

Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bill Blue help/ Dual Purpose Bikes

Hello All
There is a difference between the stab that is usedon the street bikes & the dirt bikes. The internal dampening is different the street dampener can be used on a dirt bike it just dont work as well.

The W.E.R. dirt bike stab worksboth on the street & dirt just adjust the dampening adjusting screw to the type of riding you are doing. Bake, Jo Ann & Ihave our stabs set toone turn out for sreet & trail riding when we get in the sand & large rocks we turn in the screw to tighten it up.It takes the shock out of the front wheel it keeps it from bouncing side to side, not as tiring to ride as riding without a stab.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

I talked to him earlier in the week about doing a pumper carb with the vortex throttle for me. He said he's not doing paypal because his account got hacked. He asked for a money order instead. I'll be sure to post some pics when it's all together.

Bob
Paypal ... [:'(]

If you use Paypal or Ebay, get the "Paypal Security Key". It goes a long way to preventing hacking of your account. You useyour password plus a randomly generated 6 digit number that is specific to your key and synch'ed up to the security server. This works similarly to the VPN remote login accounts corporations use. They are not hack proof but, go a long way to improving the security of your account.

Sid