1st Gear Member

excellant money order is in

Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
Don't waste bandwidth trying to reply to mister 'gotta have the last word no matter how I sound.'

If he would have done the search he recommended to you, the ported 331 (not 340) made just over 27hp, not the less than 26hp that IG claims. The man's not even good at reading posts much less modding bikes.

I'd say your setup is good for about 28hp if jetted properly. You'd probably have to go to bigger valves, do some port work and reshape he chamber to get it into the 30's though. Definitely share the results once you get the dyno run.

In stock form, the KLX's air induction is optimized for about 315cc. In fact, one of my buds recently got just shy of 31hp with the Yosh cams, 315cc kit and CVK carb jetted with a 132 main. When you get beyond 315cc without doing valve, head and port work, you start having to deal with changes in the swirl and tumble of the A/F mixture, so the bike becomes less efficient at higher RPM. Your 350cc torque curve will be stronger, start earlier and be more flat than the 315 though.
lol, so basically you just reinforced what I said already- he needs port work to maximize his mods which will still only net him around 26-27 horse. and the thread I speak of, the guy did a 340 kit and cams. still, this is all beside the point- this 350 kit does not make any more power than the KK 331 kit which doesn't come with the trouble of a lined cylinder.

had NB had a stock oem header, his torque would be more. he used a Muzzy which as you guys say, has a larger header diameter which takes away torque for more top end power.

I just don't see the benefit of jumping up a paltry 10cc in a kit- there is no benefit. placebo imo.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree That just jumping up 10cc with the stock parts won't lead to increase in hp. But the volumetric stalling of the swirl and tumble is where the stock head is the limiting factor. With the stock parts actually decreasing size (cc) will increase hp but will result in a torque loss. Why is this, partially the culprit is stalling (filling) of the cylinder not due to valve size but due to port shape and valve location. These all add up to limiting factors in the hp potential of this motor.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

mods - please pm an admin and start a serious discussion about that special button they have in their Admin control panel. They'll know the one im talking about. enough is enough already.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
mods - please pm an admin and start a serious discussion about that special button they have in their Admin control panel. They'll know the one im talking about. enough is enough already.
I agree, enough is enough. Seems everytime I post a thought, everyone's in an uproar about it. It's getting old and a few of you need a vacation from your insults directed toward me. Seems like the direction of this forum, at least the vision of most of you on this forum is to agree with everything that is said- and if you don't, you need to shut up or be banned. It's pathetic. Where's the freedom of speech?
Y'all need to either not read what I say or read them and stfu. If you choose to comment on my comments fine, but don't start crying when I comment back. It's sickening. Magic button? ..........please. lol

edit: sorry, "special button".

Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I think the special button is for someone spezil, and you know who you are. Too bad I guess, but the powers that be will hopefully get cracking on it.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I need a helmet for the bus! Special enough..........

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm beyond all of this, I'm taking matters in a more personal way. Its over, and nobody is going to change my mind.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi Bake. Nice job on the website. I have a question about the new 350 kit regarding vibration. I've read posts where the only complaint about the 331 kit was additional vibration over the stock 250. I remember Bill saying he was working with JP to address this issue with the new piston design. What was the result? From a vibration standpoint, is the 350 kit improved over the 331 kit?

Quick Reply: Bill Blue 350 kit with a stock bike