Bike using oil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bike using oil?

What do youown for a mountain bike? I started with a Miyata,then movedto a Fisher, but have lost interest intil now. I was looking at a tricked-out Giant the other day.One of my best memories wasflyingdown a hillside,chasing aguy on a bikewith nomarkings. When we stopped, I asked whatbrand of bike it was. He said "It's an earlyFisher prototype..a precourser to the hookooeekoo(did I spell that right?)." I asked him where hegot itand hetold me it helps to have Fisher fora lastname...it wasGary Fisher himself; theboy could ride! I'm dating myself, so forget you every readthis.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Here ya go..... https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_147275/tm.htm thats cool you met gary fisher.... where were u at?

Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

G'day Eric,

mate you have had some bad luck with that bike, I'd be checking out the lemon laws pretty carefully as others have said,I think you have a real good case. I sure hope your not looking at buying anything from that same dealer, he has not helped you in any way with the KLX.

I reckon change the oil and filter, measure exactly how much oil you put in and document everything. See how much it uses in how long (time and miles) keep a log book and if it is crook hit em with it citing the lemon laws that apply.

Again good luck

Old 08-19-2007, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAu

..............See how much it uses in how long (time and miles) keep a log book and if it is crook hit em with it citing the lemon laws that apply.

Again good luck
I just love some of the terms you use. What does "crook" actually mean in this sentence?

Old 08-19-2007, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ha ha ha sorry bout that, crook in Aussie slang means sick

and I don't mean sick like the kids these days use I mean sick as in the dictionary useage

sick1/sɪk/adjective, -er, -est, noun –adjective

afflicted with ill health or disease; ailing. [/align]

Old 08-19-2007, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool, I use the word "toast" to mean basically the same thing. Our dictionaries are probably very similar but our slangs are different. Of course I hope EMS's Bike isn't F%$#ED. lol

Old 08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Here ya go..... https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_147275/tm.htm thats cool you met gary fisher.... where were u at?
Cool! I loved the feel of the OS aluminum bikes, but at the time I opted for Chromo because I didn't trust the aluminum yet. I test rode both a Trek and Klein...loved them both, but the aluminum thing was too new at that time. I'd have no problem with buying one now.

Big Basin State Park is where I ran into G.F. Don't know what brought him there or where he actually lives though.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ok, I just checked the valve clearances, and changed the oil. I found something interesting, the shop told me they changed the oil both times it was in the shop, it still had the HF (hiflo) oil filter i put in it... so they didnt change theoil, either time. So that might have something to do with using oil. there was probably 2000 or 2500 on the oil and filter..... grrr....... was pretty pissed... valves were ok though.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I would report them to Kawasaki! That's crap man! Your filter still in a bike after 2 supposed oil changes? WTF? These guys are crooked or something.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

the oil was never changed either.... [:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Bike using oil?