Default RE: Bike stand

Name:  100_5098small.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  157.7 KB

Old 05-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i found that yellow motorcycle/atv jack/stand for 150$ on sale at sears. im gonna go pick it up tonite! thanks for the help guys.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Marty nice bike lift. Can I ask where did you get it? How do you raise the table up and down do you use Air, Hydraulics, Etc. any info would be great!

Old 05-16-2006, 12:16 PM

onestarr99,

Not a problem.

I found mine at Harbor Freight. During the "learning all about" portion of my buying experience, I saw and found many different lifts available. There are some less expensive and some that are quite more expensive than this one. However, I also found that shipping makes a significant difference in the price of the unit. Harbor Freight charges you a shipping surcharge of $20 - that's right a total shipping of $20 to bring the lift to your door!

At present it is on sale for $299. The normal price is $349.

Here is a link to their page for the Motorcycle Lift Table. I have had mine almost two years now and don't think I'd ever be without one ever again. Simply put it just makes working on the bike so much better. The bike is secured in place, you can raise or lower the position of he bike - stand or sit to work on it. I think you tend to do a better job on the repairs as you are not bending, stooping of laying in weird positions.

I also have an ATV/Motorcycle jack similar to the other ones we have seen on this link. I picked that up from Pep Boys for $49.95. I use it to support either the front or rear of the motorcycle when I am changing tires. Not hard on the KLX250S to pick it up, but the Concours is a bit heavier to lift up to change a tire. Here's a link to the jack Torinâ„¢ Big Red Jacks 1500 lb. Motorcycle Jack

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Marty thanks for the info. I love that lift. But as I park both my cars in the garage and the KLX I don't have much room. I am trying to figure out a way to fit the lift in the garage because that is a must have Item!![sm=signs007.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-17-2006, 09:27 AM

The lift, when flat is about 6 inches high. I park a bike on the lift, so it really does not take up that much additional space.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

It looks like the swingarm is wide enough on the KLX to use my Pit bull rear stand I got for my CBR6000RR. I will have to order the regular top supports since I have spools on the CBR. Does anyone foresee any problem with using the Pit bull on the KLX?

Old 07-27-2006, 06:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Deej, Marty, and NoBrakes are definintely at the high end when it comes to lifts/stands!

Anybody know anything about those portable motocrosser lift stands (e.g.: Excel Moto-X, FMF Step-Up, MSR Pro-Lift, or Motoboss Lift Stand)? These are more like the stand that Deej has, except no hydraulic lift, just a single 4-bar linkage arrangement, and in the $70 - $90 range. I read a brief review where they were somewhat disappointed in the Excel Moto-X, but they didn't say why.

I know the high end lifts are much better for doing working, but I'm a little tight for space in my garage ... something that turns the bike into a "wall hugger" would suit me just fine. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Old 07-27-2006, 07:55 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Marty - how do you work on the wheels (get them off).
Yours and Deej's are both very nice but serve different purposes.
I'd say the lift table is superior in most aspects, except for the fact that with the bike raised, the wheels are still not free to be removed.
Am I wrong on that?

Old 07-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's a better picture of how high this stand goes, but Marty's stand would be good for other stuff too, like ATV and mowers. The new Yamaha XT 225 won't stay on the stand though, no matter where I place it, the bike tips forward, its like the engine is weighted to tip the bike forward. Oh well you can't have it all right?

Name:  100_5154small.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  158.1 KB

Quick Reply: Bike stand