This bike makes me sick

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Default RE: This bike makes me sick

ORIGINAL: Icantrideabike

ugly and exspensive. Klx250 is for me. Its what i need a bike that doesnt burn gas,can drive to work and jump stuff.
Yeah, well, unless you are over 40, you are probably not gonna like it.

But just to let you know, BITD, if you wanted to drive it to work and jump stuff, this was the bike you got. If you want to see one it action, rent the Great Escape with Steve McQueen. That will give you an idea on how they were ridden.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

If you want to see one it action, rent the Great Escape with Steve McQueen. That will give you an idea on how they were ridden.

Yes McQueen was supposed to be in a BMW airhead because the flick takes place in a German concentration camp but there's no way the shaftie Bavarian was going to be able to do that jump so they "body doubled" in a Triumph. It could be the worst attempt to disguise a Bimmer ever!

Nonetheless, one great flick. Definitely worth watching on a rainy day. [8D]

Old 06-23-2006, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

Yes McQueen was supposed to be in a BMW airhead because the flick takes place in a German concentration camp but there's no way the shaftie Bavarian was going to be able to do that jump so they "body doubled" in a Triumph. It could be the worst attempt to disguise a Bimmer ever!

Nonetheless, one great flick. Definitely worth watching on a rainy day. [8D]
I also heard that, unlike the popular belief, he did not do that jump, it was a stunt double. The studio had a problem of him doing it even though he definately had the ability.

Another rainy day flick to follow the Great Escape would be On Any Sunday.

Any time I see that flick I want to go riding.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I seriously considered that 250TE, but damn the closest dealer is in Georgia and I live in South Florida, just too far away. Avaliability and price of parts and maintance was the deciding factor for me as well as the maintance schedule and reliability of the KLX. I sure would like to see one in person though.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:33 AM

I rode a 250 te the other day and glad i bought the klx,im 6-5 and i was on my toes, way to much bike. and with the mods and gearing at 49 tooth rear not that much of a differance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1719/BE90E1791EDB4716997D59C7BC97FE02.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-29-2006, 04:52 AM

OK - after this topic came up, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new Triumph. The dealership also had a showroom full of Huskys to choose from it that suits your fancy (incabiker). The Supermotos were Very cool stuff indeed. My sales guy and one of the parts guys had just bought themselves offroad Huskys and I showed them where I like to ride in TN. They said they would be contacting me soon so we can do a group ride off road. Inca - another open invite if you want to join us at Coal Creek. I won't know the dates until they get with me.

OK .. As I walked in, I saw the Triumphs sitting just to the right of the doorway. Of course, the floor-full of Ducatis, Moto Guzzi's and $30k MV-Agusta's made me studder step - but I quickly refocused on the Triumphs. There was a T100 Bonneville, a Scrambler, and Thruxton 900 - all sweet machines, but I opted for their demo model Bonneville that was sporting a super clean look with lowered handlbars and low-azz pipes. Had to have it, plus they gave a great OTD price. I was SOLD!

Just came back from putting a quick 50 miles on her. Man this thing is ME. I'll get some better pics of it in the daylight when I have a chance.

Name:  bonnie_6_28_06.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  38.9 KB

Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Congratulations Bonafide! That is one beautiful bike!

Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

That is nice. Yeh more pics.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:36 PM

Nice man, Very nice indeed

Old 06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

The price was the same thing for me too. I do not regret getting this bike at all.

Also, at the last minuite, I almost went in this direction

I still would like to get one and keep my KLX too
What kind of bike is that? It looks old school, but new. That thing is awesome looking. Linky please.

Quick Reply: This bike makes me sick