This bike makes me sick

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:17 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: This bike makes me sick

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Hey Inca - careful on that thing! I read a post over in advrider about a guy who bought one and used to ride a lot but hadn't ridden in years. Basically it sounded like he wanted something to have a little off-road fund and tool around on trails etc. Well, by his own word he said he had just got the bike and was trying things out seeing what the bike could do. He blipped the throttle and BAM! that 510 shot out from under him and into the air and came down on top of him and now he's laid up with some broken bones [:@] Said he didn't get 10 miles on it before hurting himself.

Not that that much power is bad - but it definitely deserves some respect!

I knew about the Husky but was never a serious consideration. The sky high price was a consideration but not a detriment. The lack of dealers near by along with Husky's questionable reliability was a major detriment. And finally as Nobrakes' post says the Husky is an absolute animal. The Husky would not have tolerated any stupid manuevers on my part and would have spanked me beyond belief. I am very satisfied with the KLX.

However the bling bling factor on the Husky is unreal......[sm=bling.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

Those rubbers are actually DOT approved???

Old 06-23-2006, 05:28 AM

WOW!! I just took a look at the SM610, now how sexy is THAT!!. Now that is the sexiest bike I have ever seen, wow!! My wife would get jealous if I had that thing in my garage, me spending so much time admiring it. How well do you think that SM610 would handle off road, you know like on gravel roads and dirt roads, not the hard core track stuff?? Do you think the SM610 would handle those fire roads in the mountains ok?? If so I am really thinking about trading my VTX for one of those SM610, OMG.

But its got to be able to tackle the Fire roads at least, but it should do this right, considering its a dirt bike made for the road?? I would happily sell my VTX to get this bike.

Ya I am sorta regretting getting the VTX now, it can take me everywhere on the road, but the fun factor is cut out when I see a nice fire road off to the side and I can't go on it, grrrr... But like I said, if I could trade one for the SM610, I would do it in a heart beat.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

WOW!! I just took a look at the SM610, now how sexy is THAT!!. Now that is the sexiest bike I have ever seen, wow!! My wife would get jealous if I had that thing in my garage, me spending so much time admiring it. How well do you think that SM610 would handle off road, you know like on gravel roads and dirt roads, not the hard core track stuff?? Do you think the SM610 would handle those fire roads in the mountains ok?? If so I am really thinking about trading my VTX for one of those SM610, OMG.

But its got to be able to tackle the Fire roads at least, but it should do this right, considering its a dirt bike made for the road?? I would happily sell my VTX to get this bike.

Ya I am sorta regretting getting the VTX now, it can take me everywhere on the road, but the fun factor is cut out when I see a nice fire road off to the side and I can't go on it, grrrr... But like I said, if I could trade one for the SM610, I would do it in a heart beat.
Let me poke you in the ribs a little. A buddy has a new 610, gets about 30mpg(has an accellerator pump) and has a fairly wide turning radius compared to his XR650l. just babbling.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

The price was the same thing for me too. I do not regret getting this bike at all.

Also, at the last minuite, I almost went in this direction

I still would like to get one and keep my KLX too
Wow ... me and you are on the same page. I've been wrestling with the idea of buying either the Scambler or the Bonneville for over a year now. With the KLX, there wasn't a choice. I knew I was buying it as soon as I laid eyes on it - no if's, ands, or buts. Even though - I'm STILL wanting to put one of those modern classic Triumphs in my garage though.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:21 AM

ugly and exspensive. Klx250 is for me. Its what i need a bike that doesnt burn gas,can drive to work and jump stuff.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

Wow ... me and you are on the same page. I've been wrestling with the idea of buying either the Scambler or the Bonneville for over a year now. With the KLX, there wasn't a choice. I knew I was buying it as soon as I laid eyes on it - no if's, ands, or buts. Even though - I'm STILL wanting to put one of those modern classic Triumphs in my garage though.

I loved the look of the Scrambler too! Especially decked out with the tank rack, side number plate and all the other "period" accessories. Too bad they put in the most dumbed down engine in the Bonneville line...

Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Let me poke you in the ribs a little. A buddy has a new 610, gets about 30mpg(has an accellerator pump) and has a fairly wide turning radius compared to his XR650l. just babbling.

Wow, only 30 MPG. That doesn't sound very promising, and you say a wider turning radius, hmm..... Still it looks sweet. What do you think it would get with just leaving it stock? Also, how do you like the ride, have you ever taken it on gravel - fire roads??

Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I am really happy with my choice for this bike. The 250S is perfect for what im using if for,, and I really like all the head turns I get when I drive by. A 450 or bigger would just be to heavy and not as agile, mobile and hostile for me.... But you guys have fun I have more than enough power with the itty bitty 250.....

Old 06-23-2006, 03:07 PM

From what I gather you guys say that the biggest power increase (indicated by the butt dyno) is from putting the 13 tooth on right?? I still have yet to do this, I have done every thing else for power increase except the big bore kit and the new sprocket, though I might get a 45 tooth rear sprocket since I have to get a new chain anyways.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

The price was the same thing for me too. I do not regret getting this bike at all.

Also, at the last minuite, I almost went in this direction

I still would like to get one and keep my KLX too
I just mostly remember these from when I was a little kid and just thinking they were cool. Now they come out with them again and I still think they are cool.

Hopefully down the road, I can get the scrambler and park it next to my KLX.

Quick Reply: This bike makes me sick