This bike makes me sick

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Default This bike makes me sick

Wow, I really wish I would have known that this was an option for me before I started looking into bikes. I would have rather gotten this sucker then the street bike. Its a husky and its sick, wow, I'm kicking myself in the head right now. Doh

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/

Look at the 510 model OMG[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: This bike makes me sick

ORIGINAL: incabiker

Wow, I really wish I would have known that this was an option for me before I started looking into bikes. I would have rather gotten this sucker then the street bike. Its a husky and its sick, wow, I'm kicking myself in the head right now. Doh

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/

Look at the 510 model OMG[sm=insomnia.gif]
Actually was going to look into one of those husky's but changed my mind since there is only one dealer up here.

that and i wanted to check out one of these

Old 06-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea at $3000.00 more for the Husky that's out of my price range. But a really nice bike for sure.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 AM

The price was the same thing for me too. I do not regret getting this bike at all.

Also, at the last minuite, I almost went in this direction

I still would like to get one and keep my KLX too

Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 AM

When I say street bike I meant my VTX 1300c, not the KLX. I do not regret getting the KLX. The thing about the VTX is that if I see nice fire road leading off into an adventure into the woods, I can't do it because that bike CANNOT go off road, doh. I would have loved to have gotter the 510 instead, oh ya.

By the way how would those supermotos handle off road?? I know they have slicks, but seems like you could still do some serious riding in the dirt. Isn't this what supermotos are made for, riding in the dirt half the race and the road the other half??

Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 AM

Im pissed now. The 450 the 250 awsome!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:54 AM

I'm not sure where I can get a Husky. I'd probably have to drive 3-5 hours for the nearest dealer. No thanks. THe KLX fits my needs just fine.

In the future, I'll probably have a BMW 1200GS for adventure touring... to go along with a K1200LT for long distance touring. I'm typically more on dirt roads than trails anyway.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:58 AM

I changed my mind the 510 is for me 53hp 238lbs, ya

Old 06-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Inca - careful on that thing! I read a post over in advrider about a guy who bought one and used to ride a lot but hadn't ridden in years. Basically it sounded like he wanted something to have a little off-road fund and tool around on trails etc. Well, by his own word he said he had just got the bike and was trying things out seeing what the bike could do. He blipped the throttle and BAM! that 510 shot out from under him and into the air and came down on top of him and now he's laid up with some broken bones [:@] Said he didn't get 10 miles on it before hurting himself.

Not that that much power is bad - but it definitely deserves some respect!

Quick Reply: This bike makes me sick