Bike license

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bike license

ok so its just not me..... damn it sucks... i got back from a night ride with my wife and noticed the runnin light was on, but the brake didnt work.... [:@]
ORIGINAL: LordVngr

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

hey anyone with the acerbis taillight, have you been going through bulbs? i have gone through 3 bulbs keep burningout messin up...just curious... maybe all the bouncing around....

You know I had one of those on my DR and had problems with it so I decided to keep the stock tail / brake light on the Klx. On my DR besides burning bulbs I noticed that the bulb would be so loose in the socket that it would just stop working. I'd be at a light and turn around to look at it and I'd have No Taillight or Brakelight []

It got so bad the only way I could get the bulb to work right was to silicone it into the socket. You Want all the taillight and brake light you can get. On my harley I recently installed a module that turns my turn signals into tail/brake lights and man there Bright. I've notice people stop much farher behind me now then they did before. I might go Small on the turn signals But I want people to See my tail / brake lights.

LV

Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ok so its just not me..... damn it sucks... i got back from a night ride with my wife and noticed the runnin light was on, but the brake didnt work.... [:@]

Yep, on mine the bulb would move around and the contact points would no longer make contact. Not having a brake light is a Bad Thing But Im sure you know this. Make my license plate holder and go back to the stock tail brake light. Thats my advice as the facorty unit works best and I think you can even get a led module for it to make it Super bright. My 2 cents....

LV

Old 10-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

one of the reasons i decided for the acerbis is to get the plate out of the path of flyin mud, thats y i like it above the fender, if i move it back down it will get all mud covered again... i can go through some pretty good mud and my plate and lights stay pretty clean...

Old 10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
1st Gear Member

one of the reasons i decided for the acerbis is to get the plate out of the path of flyin mud, thats y i like it above the fender, if i move it back down it will get all mud covered again... i can go through some pretty good mud and my plate and lights stay pretty clean...

Hmmmm let see, Mud on my plate Or No tail / brake light. I'd have to go with Mud on the plate myself. That was My experience with the acerbis tail/brake plate holder. I just hated not knowing if my tail/brake lights were working or not. Being in traffic and seeing I had no brake lights just sucked.......

Also you could just remove the plate when riding offroad and the little led wont be affected by the mud. A quick wipe and its clean.

LV

Old 10-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

i got a works connection skid plate, carb mods, uni air filter, relocted plate and tail light, moose hand guards, big gun exhaust, the only other thing i might want to get is new handle bars... but besides those i think im pretty much done, i have already put too much $$ into it than i wanted to.. damn you guys...lol...

hey anyone with the acerbis taillight, have you been going through bulbs? i have gone through 3 bulbs keep burningout messin up...just curious... maybe all the bouncing around....
That's funny, a few months ago, maybe 4 months I posted that same question, I went through a bulb every couple of weeks, and then I finally have fixed it I think. I bent the contact tabs over and so when I put the bulb in it really has a lot of spring tension, and I haven't blown one in a couple of months. And yes I ride off road with a lot of bumps, just in case someone was going to try and throw that into the equation.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I guess the good news is that since I renewed the tabs a month early I get 13 months right? Its like getting one month for free........ok maybe not, but it makes me feel better using that logic.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LordVngr
It got so bad the only way I could get the bulb to work right was to silicone it into the socket. You Want all the taillight and brake light you can get. On my harley I recently installed a module that turns my turn signals into tail/brake lights and man there Bright. I've notice people stop much farher behind me now then they did before. I might go Small on the turn signals But I want people to See my tail / brake lights.
I've not had any problems with my stock tail light, but I'm in full agreement with the high visibility thing. For that, I got an LED based tail light that is super ultra bright and even has a mode where it flashes rapidly when you brake drawing a lot of attention to it. If someone can't see that, they have to classified as legally blind. This is the one I got, it says it fits the KLR650 but it fits in our tail light just fine:

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Bran..._taillight.htm

I don't know if that will fit into the Acerbis housing, but being LED based, there is no filament to break so it should last forever barring some other type of physical damage.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Nobrakes, any idea if that will fit into the Acerbis tail light some of us bought? I would really like to get that. Oh dang.....I thought I was done with the mods. Are you ever really done with mods? Maybe someone that has that in the stock tail light can get together with someone that has the after market light and see if it will work. Alright you monkey's Git-R-Done

Old 10-11-2006, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Holy Shnikies, $85.00 for that light? It better have a lifetime warranty, and be self cleaning. Well at least the warranty part.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Holy Shnikies, $85.00 for that light? It better have a lifetime warranty, and be self cleaning. Well at least the warranty part.
If it will help to avoid this, it's money well spent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4-aWvlXz3I

Quick Reply: Bike license