Bike license

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Bike license

Well next month is a year since i picked up the new bike, and I got a license renewal notice already, I can't believe its been almost a year. November 23 will be the anniversary. I hope I don't get my wedding anniversary and this one mixed up, that would be bad huh? Anyway I went down to get the tabs for the bike along with the tabs for my truck and utility trailer, and for the second time in a month I had to but new license plates. It seems that in Washington State because of the Tim Imen thing the state is doing everything they can to get the money back. $35.00 car tabs? Yea right.[:@] My bike was $44.00, what a rip. Two tires, off the road a percentage of the time, and they still charge the same as a car. That's not right. So it was $160.00 for all three including the new plates for the truck at $12.00 each. [&:] Man I counted all the things that require tabs every year and I have 7 now, sheesh that's like one every............carry the one, divided by the square root of........well that's a lot.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Bike license

Yeah, but think of all those nice fire and logging roads you have to explore ... that'll make you forget all about that 35 bucks.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 AM

dont feel bad Deej i have a 05 bmw and a 05 tundra had to fork out 1,260.00 bucks that i coulda used for bike stuff that i cant seem to live without . btw this 250 klx being my first bike i was kinda wondering if you ever finish modding these because gosh dang it i think i need to save up for the 300 big bore kit , do i have some kind of sickness ?

Old 10-11-2006, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Nope its not a sickness, purely natural. I think that it wont get any better (worse?) for the next few years either as hopefully the aftermarket will pick up for the 250.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

You know I have been thinking about my bike and mods, and I have come to the conclusion that my bike is done, its perfect, and I'm broke

Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM

I am close, but I still want a skid plate. Other than that, I think I am pretty much done.

There is absolutely no way that can justify a displacement upgrade when the whole selling point that I used for this bike was as a gas saving commuter that can double as a toy.

My wife is already su****ious because she has seen the UPS guy more frequently of late than she has seen me. I think they might be having an affair. Which is okay as long as he keeps bringing me my goodies for my bike.

Chris

Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Well yea I need a skid plate, but then I'm done

Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i got a works connection skid plate, carb mods, uni air filter, relocted plate and tail light, moose hand guards, big gun exhaust, the only other thing i might want to get is new handle bars... but besides those i think im pretty much done, i have already put too much $$ into it than i wanted to.. damn you guys...lol...

hey anyone with the acerbis taillight, have you been going through bulbs? i have gone through 3 bulbs keep burningout messin up...just curious... maybe all the bouncing around....

Old 10-11-2006, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Well yea I need a skid plate, but then I'm done
Translation - "I'm not addicted. I can quit anytime I want to."

Yeah, right.

Who're you kiddin' deej? Your as addicted as the rest of us. You're never done.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

hey anyone with the acerbis taillight, have you been going through bulbs? i have gone through 3 bulbs keep burningout messin up...just curious... maybe all the bouncing around....

You know I had one of those on my DR and had problems with it so I decided to keep the stock tail / brake light on the Klx. On my DR besides burning bulbs I noticed that the bulb would be so loose in the socket that it would just stop working. I'd be at a light and turn around to look at it and I'd have No Taillight or Brakelight []

It got so bad the only way I could get the bulb to work right was to silicone it into the socket. You Want all the taillight and brake light you can get. On my harley I recently installed a module that turns my turn signals into tail/brake lights and man there Bright. I've notice people stop much farher behind me now then they did before. I might go Small on the turn signals But I want people to See my tail / brake lights.

LV

Quick Reply: Bike license