Bike Crash Need Parts but dont know where to get them

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Default Bike Crash Need Parts but dont know where to get them

Hi everyone its my first post on this forum im from Cyprus and i am having difficulty chasing some parts for my Kawasaki bike. the model is a D-Tracker 250 "LX 250-E" 2005 model with the serial number "LX-250E-A03355". i managed to scratch and bend most of the right side plastic panels which protects the body and a few of the metal parts. ive listed a complete list of what i need im just wondering if anyone knows where to obtain them from. ive contacted Kawasaki in Turkey but unfortunately they have told me that most of the parts i need are discontinued and they sent me a list of parts for the 1995 Model KLX 250 (i dont know if the parts are the same or not).

Parts needed:
1. Front Fender
2. Right Side Suspension Cover (Plastic Part)
3. Front Headlight Cover (Cover Only, The plastic Part)
4. Right Indicator ( Front Orange Cover)
5. Front Brake Lever
6. Handle Bar Grips
7. Right Side Mirror
8. Front Right Plastic Guard
9. Rear Right Plastic Exhaust Cover
10. Rear Side Brake Cover (Plastic Part only not the whole brake system. just the black plastic part)
11. Passenger Right Side Footrest

if anyone can help me out i would be very happy. thank you very much

Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't know what exactly is all different with a d-tracker vs. a KLX, but most of the parts you listed are pretty generic. Meaning even if it isn't an exact match, you should be able to make pretty much any part work.

Check out bikebandit.com or kawasakipartsnation.com and look at the parts for a 2006 or newer KLX250, knowing Kawasaki, they like to use a lot of the same parts on different models.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by caghan
Parts needed:
1. Front Fender
2. Right Side Suspension Cover (Plastic Part)
3. Front Headlight Cover (Cover Only, The plastic Part)
4. Right Indicator ( Front Orange Cover)
5. Front Brake Lever might fit, might be missing the point to trigger the light but im not sure.
6. Handle Bar Grips
7. Right Side Mirror
8. Front Right Plastic Guard
9. Rear Right Plastic Exhaust Cover
10. Rear Side Brake Cover (Plastic Part only not the whole brake system. just the black plastic part)
11. Passenger Right Side Footrest

if anyone can help me out i would be very happy. thank you very much
other than that one peice, it should all fit.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 PM

u mean all the parts from the 2006 klx250 should fit onto my bike?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Can you give us some pictures of the bike? That way we can make sure we are looking and talking about the same thing. Oh and welcome to the forums.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:52 PM

here is what my bike looks like i found this on the internet but its the exact same model. thanks for the warm welcome too

Old 08-03-2010, 07:03 PM

here are the pics i took of the damage to my bike.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a pre 2004 model D-Tracker.... my friends just sanded and painted theirs plastics. Or you can get 2004 to 2007 KLX or Dtracker (no fuel injection) fairings that look more MX

the brake lever, they sell radial brake master cylinder on Ebay, 18x16 works great and stops much better than the stock ones, and you may need to buy a brake light pressure sensor for some....

Old 08-04-2010, 03:59 PM

if i sand, fill and paint the plastics would the heat coming off the exhaust peel off the paint? would it have any adverse effects because it will take quiet a while to order the replacements... thats if i can find them.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I just took a look at my friend's D-Tracker with the painted plastics, there is no signs of heat peel. He said he used epoxy filling and some off-the-shelf paint from a hardware store along with aluminum tape. The paint is white and there is NO yellowing from the heat of his stock exhaust either. I do see he put extra aluminum tape inside the plastic between the plastic and exhaust.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: Bike Crash Need Parts but dont know where to get them