Bike blubbers at low rpm

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bike blubbers at low rpm

So after riding my bike HARD in this new 70 degree weather, the engine feels really hot, I can feel the heat through my legs. Is this normal? I've never ridden in the heat yet. Secondly, when comes to a stop with the clutch pulled in the bike starts to blubber and wants to stall. It hasn't stalled yet but like I said its been like blub blub lub luuuub bluuuub. right on the cusp of stalling. Too rich on idle mixture maybe?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
So after riding my bike HARD in this new 70 degree weather, the engine feels really hot, I can feel the heat through my legs. Is this normal? I've never ridden in the heat yet. Secondly, when comes to a stop with the clutch pulled in the bike starts to blubber and wants to stall. It hasn't stalled yet but like I said its been like blub blub lub luuuub bluuuub. right on the cusp of stalling. Too rich on idle mixture maybe?
opposite....no?...too lean...too hot and troubles at low rpm?...think that is too lean...get it checked out soon

Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 AM
1st Gear Member

A little decel rumble is good.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

No its only when its hot when i come to a complete stop the idke drops from 1300 rpm to 1000 or 900. My spark plug is black on the outside but white on the electrode. Lean on the main rich on the idle???? My exhaust pipe is slighy sooty. So conflicting haha

Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 AM
1st Gear Member

You want to look at the white part of your spark-plug, the threaded part is black for everyone. Soot on your slip-on means your running a little rich.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Even though my spark plug is white?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 AM
1st Gear Member

White typically means your running lean/hot. How many miles on your current plug? If it's a newer plug you may not have enough miles on it to use that as a gage. The soot on the slip-on indicate a bit too rich. I'd try playing with the mixture screw a bit. It doesn't take much to make a difference. Little adjustments at a time. I've spent weeks getting mine dialed in.

Last edited by Brieninsac; 03-14-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Well let me start at my first thoughts of jetting. I put slip on, didnt rejet(already removed snorkel and 124dj main) and i thought maybe too rich so i removed lid and it revs more freely, but it doesnt pull as strong from 6k onward, it feels like to goes stagnant. Idk if im just being over analytical. Spark plug has 500miles

Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Put the lid back on and see if it improves. If your engine is overly hot, you are more than likely lean in the upper rpm's due to removing the lid and only running a DJ124. Good luck.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

That's what I've been thinking, but there are people around my elevation, 2000ft or so, that run open lid and exhaust with the 124 jet. I know I'm being contradictory and confusing, but I don't have the time that I used to to fiddle, I don't want to jet up if its just an exhaust leak or something completely different if you know what I mean. Thanks for all the advice, its been pretty consistent with my own thoughts

Quick Reply: Bike blubbers at low rpm