BigGun

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: BigGun

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Jsac, the pokes at Big Gun are for the one guy here that touts them like the second coming of Christ....and that's not you, OK?...lighten-up. I promise that if you poke fun at my tennis ball launcher, blender or even myoversizedmufflerI woundn't take it so personally.[8D]

You wouldn't survive one day at my worksite.

its all good.. i kinda guessed what u were up to in this post and many others.. i think your missin the problem tho..for one your inciting u know who.. but the biggest problem that i just cant take anymore is the fact that in tryin to get under some1's skin, ur putting down a pipe in every1's eyes that imho doesnt deserve it. these new people dont understand what ur doing and automatically make judgements on the pipes quality. see where im going?
to be fair, theirs as many compliments as complaints.. i doubt any1 will ever find a perfect product.. but as far as im concerned i would recommend this pipe.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I think one thing we all can agree on:

ANY exhaust system is better than the stock muffler.

The other thing that I think most people can agree on:

Pretty much all the full exhaust systems out there are good choices - they all have sometype ofdraw-backs, but there's no pipe that's clearly superior and there's no pipe that's an obvious loser.

So the whole thing boils down to a subjective choicebetween looks, quality, sound, performance, maintenance, price, and availability. I don't think there are many people at all who are truely dissastisfied with their own choice (although there are one or two who are dissatisfied with other people's choices), so most likely, you're going to be happy with what you decide is best for you.

Just keep in mind (like I posted before) ... performance is optimized when the system as a whole is considered, not just one component at a time. Although most of the system components are only changed one major component at a time, carb setting/jetting should also be part of every performance enhancement.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

thnaks guys im going to put next week when i get the jet kit . Is it easy to jet?

Old 04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: trip

thnaks guys im going to put next week when i get the jet kit . Is it easy to jet?
i was lazy and took mine to the dealer to have it jet'd/dyno'd... but im glad ur optin for this pipe.. i hope ur pleased with it and for gods sake come back and report on what ur impressions are of it once u get setup.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Jsac, the pokes at Big Gun are for the one guy here that touts them like the second coming of Christ....and that's not you, OK?...lighten-up. I promise that if you poke fun at my tennis ball launcher, blender or even myoversizedmufflerI woundn't take it so personally.[8D]

You wouldn't survive one day at my worksite.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:31 AM
1st Gear Member

how come the big gun web site says 145 main jet ?

Old 04-29-2007, 05:40 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: trip

how come the big gun web site says 145 main jet ?
thats just a general figure.. it all depends on ur elevation and also ur mods to the intake side.. ur gonna be hard pressed (and damn lucky) to get it right the first time if ur doin it urself. if u have the money and dont want the hassle, id highly suggest takin it to a reputable shop and havin them do the jetting. dyno run before and after is a big plus. takin it to a shop is just my 2 cents... some1 will probably come by and want me shot for suggesting it.. but for some its the easier route.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Even though the Big Gun fits the 250, it was originally made for the 300, so a #145 is appropriate. Also, Big Gun is oriented towards high performance racing, so things like removing the airbox lid and after market air filters are typical configurations they see.