Big Gun vs. Little Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Big Gun vs. Little Me - Epilogue

well maybe it would help someone else avoid the same situation with big gun customer service policy...

Old 09-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

I agree. Talking to someone different will probably help instead of rehashing the same crap/new day with someone else. They tend to sweep you under the rug when you keep on talking to the same guy, thinking you'll eventually go away. Look, I didn't want to come off too harsh in my earlier post but that's just the way I feel. We can't help you here on this forum by getting you a new pipe, so I really don't see your point in providing us step by step accounts of the situation other than a pat on the back and some encouraging which I think you are after. IMO, you should tell it to someone who can help get your problem resolved which isn't us. Like someone else said, it doesn't matter what you post, riders will still buy the biggun system because when you do get the right parts there is no other exhaust out there that matches the performance imo and others' opinions.

If just one person avoids the garbage he went through then all of the posts and pictures and then some is all worth it. And yes there are a lot of places to order parts from and that a good thing for us the end users, but I'm glad he let everyone know about his experience, Power to the people man, the customer is always right, well they used to be.[:@][&:]

Old 09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That's a heck of a write up Mike.... I am sure a lot of people will appreciate the info. It is not bike bandit's fault that BigGun packaged the item incorrectly.

This is the 4th or 5th person I have read that had probs with the Big Gun. You should print this out and send it too them!!

Old 09-14-2006, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Dam dude, that was a Terrible customer experience to be sure and you shouldnt have had to go thru all that. Hopefully you will get the right pipe and soon. Be sure to let us know the outcome. I just got my bonus check today as a matter of fact so I will be ordering mine soon. While your story wont stop me from buying a bigun exhaust it does raise a red flag and the First thing I will check when I get mine is that the Pipe Fits.

LV

Old 09-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

That's a heck of a write up Mike.... I am sure a lot of people will appreciate the info. It is not bike bandit's fault that BigGun packaged the item incorrectly.

This is the 4th or 5th person I have read that had probs with the Big Gun. You should print this out and send it too them!!
Yeah, I don't see how bike bandit can be faulted either since they didn't make the mistake.

Just goes to show that everone screws up now and then, as I've said on several occasions. It's how they handle it afterwards that counts the most, IMO. Products are made by humans, companies are operated by humans, humans make mistakes, it's going to happen and if anyone believes otherwise they are fooling themselves. I'm just surprised it took BG that long to own up to what was probably just a simple mistake (packager pulled the headpipe from the wrong bin, or something) that shouldn't even have required any proof on your part and even when you did all the research and got to the bottom of the problem they wouldn't even cross-ship to you. Pretty lame, IMO.

I do hope it gets resolved and that they at least cover your return shipping costs - mistakes do happen after all, the only thing they can do after that is make it right and how they handle the mistake afterwards is how I would judge them (definitely low marks in this case). And I'd say keep the T-shirt, you aren't a billboard for advertising their products - especially not after an incident like that, anyway.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

If you read his post you'd know he did contact BikeBandit who wanted 20% restocking fees. Why should he have to pay restocking fees when he did not make a mistake and order the wrong part? 20% restocking not to mention return shipping is a lot to swallow when you did everything right and Big Gun is the one that screwed up and since the pipe was labelled with the correct Big Gun part number, he'd most likely have a snowballs chance of convincing Bike Bandit that it is the wrong pipe. After that avenue dried up, he contacted Big Gun who gave him a pretty big run around. BTW, who did you contact about the screws on your pipe? Big Gun, or the place you bought it from? I thought you had said Big Gun, but I may be mistaken on that.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Lots of products these days require you to contact the manufacturer instead of place of purchase when problems or missing parts are encountered.

It appears from the packaging that my Big Gun came in, that the exhaust was shipped from Big Gun to Motorcycleparts.biz, and they in turn shipped it to me without opening it. Mine was missing the vortex quiet insert. I contacted Motorcycleparts.biz about the missing part (hey, I paid for it). They contacted Big Gun. They told me who to contact at Big Gun and said they were aware of my problem. Allison at Big Gun said "sorry for the inconvenience, I'll ship one immediately". I got it 4 days later...

I think BikeBandit should have done more to help out...

Old 09-15-2006, 03:36 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

I am sure you will wear that Big Gun t-shirt with pride! [:@] Sorry - couldn't resist. That is the first thing that I thought of when I saw that they were throwing that in for you. How much you want to bet they forget to include it in the box with your replacement header pipe. Then if you submit a followup request, they will want you to pay shipping and handling.

Chris

That was a good laugh!!!

Hey, a T-shirt is a T-shirt ... if its good, I'll wear it ... if its not, it'll make a great rag!

Mike

Quick Reply: Big Gun vs. Little Me